GMH Opinion???

welshwarrior123

Active Hunter
Hey guys,
So im now part of the club, in that I own a GMH helmet, number 67 to be precise ;)
Was really lucky in how I came about it, thanks to MK1design. Is it wrong that I couldnt put it down for about an hour? I was never actually intending to get one due to the waiting list and after getting hit by customs on the last thing I bought from the states I thought I would leave it, but here it is;

DSCF3542.jpg

DSCF3544.jpg

DSCF3546.jpg

DSCF3548.jpg

Its the resin version which I was a little apprehensive as all my previous buckets are FG and gelcoat, but rest assure the quality is just like anything else that FP makes, fantastic. Now my question,

My intention before I received this lid was to paint it up ESB style and use it with my Fett, but looking over it at all the details and marks present on it I dont think I could bring myself fill them in. Do you think its worth removing all the details to turn this into an Empire lid, or should I leave it as is and do a PP style job and get another lid for the ESB? I know this will be the closest thing I could get to an Empire lid, but with those details and marks...I dunno...

Welsh

Attachments

• DSCF3542.jpg
    DSCF3542.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCF3544.jpg
    DSCF3544.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCF3546.jpg
    DSCF3546.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCF3548.jpg
    DSCF3548.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 131
I'd say PP2, since that is the helmet that it's a direct decendant of. And while this is a really nice helmet, whenever I see one painted up in an ESB scheme, it reminds me of the '95 Don Post vinyl helmet for some reason. It's probably because I've gotten so accustomed to the larger size and proportions of the fanmade buckets. But, it's your choice...and either way will be cool!

Thanks guys, See the don post thought actually went through my mind, its the size of the helmet that I first noticed. I know Fett was a small guy, but I really like the large flared out helmet you see on empire. And thought It may not work on this, I really am considering a PP1. I can get hold of Fett lids pretty easy as im good friends with a maker, but this will be the only GMH I will own, and I know I will want a PP1 in a few years...But this is my only helmet at present, and if it ends up a PP1 I have no lid for my SE and im supposed to be on the UK TDH stall in November with him.

F4R: You got a thread or any photos of the GMH ESB job you did? May actually sway it for me

ahh yes I remember that, I even posted in the thread lol. Amazing paint up mate.
Im going to have to have a real think about this now. Im doing an ESB job at present and im using some different colors, if it turns out like I want I think I may go with it for this. If not I may just have to flip a coin :facepalm

As much as I love and promote authenticity I don't see it that way. By that line of thinking, GMH would only be good for PP2, which it obviously is best suited for, but it would exclude any other kind of helmet. By the same line of thinking, a FP premium or budget, or any other helmet would be unfit for example an ESB since they were not cast from it. A GMH is the closest linage we've ever had to a real helmet, which includes any other kind of PP or movie helmet. So from an accuracy standpoint, even if you fill in the scratches and make an ESB (which I would do if it was mine and I could paint good enough) it is still the best representation of a Fett helmet.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back