ESB Sidearm holster measurements

DisposablHero

Active Hunter
I've taken a look through the forums and have not managed to find anything like what I am looking for. If possible could someone that owns a Nemrod holster post some proper detailed pics with scale/measurements for those of us that can't get our hands on one. I've resigned myself to scratch building something that will hopefully be acceptably decent but I would prefer to have some accurate measurements to base it off. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

I based my scratchbuild roughly off the size of the Pulse 40 in comparison. I have some saved shots of the real deal and the FP replica on my other computer if you're interested. Do you have a sidearm already? Cause it really helps to build the holster around the blaster so you know it will fit.

No I don't have the sidearm yet, probably won't for a while. Just trying to do a final push to get the costume approved and I shouldn't need the sidearm for that. But bizarrely I will need the holster to wear around empty o_O Eventually I'll either build my own sidearm or buy one but I just can't afford it right now....or really any time in the near future.

Welcome to the forum. The Nemrod holster is a complex three dimensional shape with no symmetry whatsoever so it really isn't a case of bashing out some measurements and would require a detailed technical drawing. Then the issue becomes further complicated by the fact that for such a detailed drawing to exist would require someone that owns one of these incredibly rare items also having the skill (and time) to do it and anything less than a detailed drawing such as a picture of it next to a ruler would be meaningless and probably lead to equally meaningless further post asking how much other bits measured. For the sake of irony I will state that the holster from base to top (not including belt loop) measures around fifteen and a half inches so you can get a sense of scale; they're actually pretty big and heavy.

Live the dream

Andy

cool thanks, I need the measurements as I'm designing a 3D version in Zbrush so I can make a printable version and make it available to everyone, I have been a member on here since 2008, but for some reason my profile is all fragged...

Ah, it says joined Mar 2014. 3D printing this would be quite hard without an original I would think and people wait for years for these.

Yeah, I built my own from scratch and reference photos and then years later saw a casting... I wasn't even close haha. It looks the part but for sure the real thing is a very complex shape. It's also been cut down as well to remove the knife sheath that was on the original. It's not a very cut and dry type of thing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400923822.370009.jpg
Template

Sent from my iPhone

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400923990.915885.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1400924001.800702.jpg
Holster step 4
I have made templates for this and will make them available to all.
Also once I have finished the 3D file I will also add a link to that the 3D file and will have all the correct angles and measurements as I know this is a difficult piece, it took me 4 hours to build this from start to finish for a mates birthday present bassplayer!!!!

Sent from my iPhone

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back