IG-88 IG88

This...this is just simply amazing. Can somebody please come and help me up because I'm about to faint. This was an phenomenal build and you really pulled it all together. Congratulations on an excellent piece and a fantastic job!

WOW! That is a ton of work, and it looks truly incredible. Thanks for sharing the construction aspect of it with us. :)

Cheers guys!...Im still trudging through the transport boxes for IG ..:rolleyes... thats the really boring bit of the project left ... and I havent started the phase 2 additions for IG either yet ... still recovering I guess!:p
The add-ons are planned to be the extra joint sections , the slightly bent knee,ankle and 'F' pin with fake gaiter at the hip enabling IG to have a more 'action' pose ...provided I get the carriage of weight right that is!
Then I may look at the 'bomb disks' and 'vibro blade' with holster thats appearing on figures since the visual dictionary.
Current focus is on PHASE 1 of my CLONE WARS project ...

heres a peek....;)

Commandodroidhead.jpg

The aim is to produce a limited run of these as kits ...this ones a 'beta'test .....still tweekin' it :D

Every bounty hunter needs good droid backup right?:confused

...and I'm fiddling with some more Clone Wars ideas too!

:):) Thanks everyone for your kind responses :)....helps me recover from the build!..(recovery still ongoing!..;)..)

Ive had a good reception at gigs with him ... IG has only been to one gig on his own , he usually always is with Roger ...(always with me ... I wont let him drive!)... it was the same gig that was his second ,one year on .A guy came over really excited and told me he'd come that day mainly hoping to get a shot with IG as his camera had died the year before !....
As there weren't many kids around to traumatize that day I helped him and his girlfriend take several with IG strangling him !:)...He seemed happy!
I had been slightly worried that since he only had 30 seconds of screen time a lot of the general public wouldnt know him ...boy was I wrong!...thankfully!;)

Roger , the battledroid , has just passed his 10th birthday trooping ...(aug 6th )!!

351_31819322946_1950_n.jpg

351_31819337946_3023_n.jpg

Hopefully there'll be at least 10 years of IG traumatizing kids and strangling adults!...;)

This is amazing.

One day I will make one. I want to use the Sideshow 1/6 IG88 for reference as I think they really nailed it.

Thank you for all the great build pictures.

:) Well I'd definitely recommend having a relatively accurate maquette when doing this kinda thing ,... I had the latest hasbro 12 " figure , which I found at least one person I knew didnt realise the legs extend on ! ;P....
The hasbro large figure gets more inaccurate rapidly as you scan down it , so I just really used that for a feel of the piece when thinking it out (just read how that sounds!;)..)
The sideshow IG has the knee armour on the UPPER leg , the reference pics are fairly conclusive its on the LOWER leg so I'd give sideshow an argument on that...they really shot themselves in the foot at first by leaving out an ENTIRE HEAD SECTION!!!...if you havent seen it just do an image search , the first few pics are like that ... they did correct it though .
The main problem I'd have with copying a sideshow would be the HIP JOINT ... or lack of them ...theyve come up with something ... kinda works ... I suppose you can argue its more 'screen accurate '...but from practicality of joint wise it wouldnt fly ...artwork of IG varies in this dept from flexed metal to the more thought out and logically placed compression joints (I think you know where my vote is!)
At the end of the day its up to the individual who is mad enough to attempt this ;).....wether you want screen accuracy or realism , hopefully I hit a good middle ground .
I could imagine the leg moving out from the hip then exposing the compression gaiter area so you could justify it with a panel line , though it does pass through detail .
My IG is built for trooping with an eye to further add ons for the joint system as in the build diary .:)

I WOULD recommend that anyone wanting maquettes for this project aquired themselves the small size really well jointed figure with the blade and stuff on his back ...but mostly , I'd recommend the KOTOBUKIYA statue as this appeared to be the nicest that had solved a few issues for me (I copied the small of the back almost straight )and was for me the most accurate IG out there...and cheaper than sideshows !
I found all round pictures of this IG online and used those to get my head around along with everything else so I never actually got the figure , saw one in a sale and regretted not buying it but when I was done I would have sold it to a mate anyhow.:)

Freakin' amazing work! If you ever setup a business of having Fetts (or other bounty hunters) get their pics taken with him, I'll be your first customer.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back