WIP PP1 EYES VERSION FOR ThirdEthree

dynamic1

Active Hunter
Alright guys- After some poking, prauding and straight up dirty bounty hunting from deadland and thirdEthree : ) I have agreed to partake in a PP1 “Eyes” version paint up for in fact…ThirdEthree. Last week began the preliminarywork of sizing Raffs wonderful stencils using Microsoft pub. Upon receiving the lid today (a Beautiful FP CC by ASOK) I was able to begin the initial stages of prepping. Tomorrow I plan to trimming out and mounting the visor section. The tedious art of stenciling and masking out the damage will then insue. As always, suggestions are welcome guys : ).

CC1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Altough you didn't mentioned, I think you already have in mind to fill in the dent and adding that long, deep scratch on the left-top of the dome. Just saying...

Can't wait to see the next updates!

Na no need for that your lid is in capable hands!! In fact I am sure that he will be bring it over for our little get together on Saturday to get some work done on it.

This will be great, I love this helmet and want my next helmet to be this. Superjedi has painted one that I saw in person that was fantastic, he might have a paint up thread.

Here we are guys! All sectioned off and ready to begin. And, I have to say the filled dent is as smooth as a fem fetts.well..I think you guys get it : ). Over the weekend I will as usual be starting w/ the back panels.

Bright1.jpg
NoDent1.jpg

It looks smooth and shine! I guess you will add all the physical damages to the helmet, the same 3 from the PP3/ESB helmets.

You do what now? You paint then add damage and repaint the damaged area?

Hey Fett- Yep, exactly. But, only if needed. For example with the large gash above the left "eye", once I complete the dome ill add the gash between the preceding colors. In this case I dont feel (IMHO) theres a need to address with paint once the crevas is etched in as an actual bullet graze would simply reveal the elements beneath the damage. I have just found it easier to move in this order? Thanks buddy

Just a tip for that long gouge, if you'll indulge me:

I marked the location on the dome with a pencil, then did the gouge
using a metal file with a triangular profile. That way, I could taper
the gouge so it's deeper in the middle and kind of rises to the surface
at both ends. That's the way it looks to me in the ref pics anyway.

*Shrug* Just a suggestion. :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back