RaAlvarez PP2 by AFFo$'s

AFettFullofDollars

Well-Known Hunter
I know I had started a RotJ paint up thread awhile back, but it got side tracked by a time sensitive PP2 comission. (I will get back to it, I promise!) Since this was to be my first attempt at a PP2, I was starting from scratch...photo reference, paint color matching, and stencils...tracing and cutting out lots and lots of stencils. BTW thanks RafalFett! You have once again saved my proverbial bacon. Whatever proverbial bacon is? Anyway, Richard told me that he wanted the helmet to have a 'bluish' tint like in some of the reference photos. So after fiddling around with different rattlecans combinations, I achieved a satisfactory result...She's not done completely. I still have to dullcote the back panels and add the various grey oversprays and bright silver scrapes and scuffs. Oh, and the yellow crayon...I keep forgetting to pick up crayons at the store! It's late, I'm rambling...on to the pics...

Front Done.JPG

Front Right Detail.JPG

Front Right.JPG

Front Left.JPG

Top Back.JPG

Top Back Detail.JPG

Back Right.JPG

Back Left.JPG

Dent Detail.JPG

Ears.JPG

The weathering looks amazing, especially the layering on the back of the dome! Those pictures don't do it justice, though. Can you please post bigger, less-yellow photos? I wanna see this thing in all its glory.

Had a small hiccup yesterday and had to redo the back panels completely. Anyway, she's finished (except for the yellow crayon and attaching everything). I am going to get the yellow crayon right now, Richard. :D Here are the pics taken in natural light. (NOT the beer)

Front Finished.JPG

Left Finished.JPG

Right Finished.JPG

Left Back Finished.JPG

Right Back Finished.JPG

Top Back Finished.JPG

Back Top Detail.JPG

Back Finished.JPG

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back