So i decided i needed to drop a few....

Darth Voorhees

Well-Known Hunter
Preferred Vendor
pounds that is.....Yea, ive been saying this for over a year. I lose some and gain some...repeat. I diet for a while and fall off the wagon. Im 5'8" and 220lbs. I should be around 160 or so.

A freind of mine used to be a personal trainer and is in great shape...he is also 40 like myself. He offered to help get me into a workout routine at the gym for free. Id be an idiot to say no.

My main motivation is looking better in my Fett gear...amongst other things.

So wish me luck...first day is tomorrow...bright n early at 7:30 am, then off to work! Im hoping with dieting and going to the gym, i can lose 20lbs in a couple of months...and then more as i go along.

I'll post any progress here!

heres to a thinner Fett!

Thanks man!

Between the free training and me about to order a new belt from taco...i was like what am i doing...i shouldnt be getting a bigger belt...i should be getting smaller to fit into the one i have! Right now i have an extension on it. Needless to say i gained a few pounds since i built this suit in 2009..

Thanks man!

Between the free training and me about to order a new belt from taco...i was like what am i doing...i shouldnt be getting a bigger belt...i should be getting smaller to fit into the one i have! Right now i have an extension on it. Needless to say i gained a few pounds since i built this suit in 2009..

Hey it happens hah good thing your fed up enough to want to make a change and your nice Fett suit will help motivate you just by looking at it lol

Good luck, and stay focused. Make smart eating choices and with exercise the weight will fall off.
I dropped 80 lbs with diet and exercise. It sounds cliche, but you just have to believe you can do it!!

I've lost 55lbs since November of last year and I can say that eating right really is important. I have always been an exerciser with hockey and running but if you have a poor diet it really eliminates a lot of what you do at the gym. Not to mention, you don't have the type of energy needed to put in the proper exercise. Best of luck to you man, just remember to get a lot of water in, eat your veggies and fruits and keep the protein lean. Oh, and sodium is a killer. ;)

Awesome man. You can do it!

I started P90X in April of this year, and in the first 35 days, I had lost 12 net pounds and gained a ton of muscle and strength. I was in a car accident on my 36th day, and had to take 6 weeks off to recover. I have now started back again and I am on day 15 with another 3 pounds gone for 15 total(actually, I decided to add a week, so technically I am on day 22). I am feeling great, and the good news is that I had boosted my metabolism enough that I did not gain any weight back in the time that I had to take off for my back to heal. I have no doubt that my workouts were critical in my quick healing as well, and the other benefit is that I quit smoking to perform better in my workouts.

There is no secret pill or magic button to losing the weight. It is all about making better food choices, hard work, and determination. It is hard in the beginning, but now I am at a point that I am addicted to working out, and I feel like I cheat myself if I do not. Hang in there, man. We are here for support, and there are several people on here doing it with you.

Wow! thanks for all the support guys! Theres alot of good success stories there...great motivation!

So, i am home from work now...the first workout was good. May have pushed a little too far this time. Got really dizzy and almost passed out..after i stopped. took about 5 minutes for me to get re-oriented and able to go down to the locker room and change. But all in all, i think it was good. Phil (my trainer freind) is going away tomorrow though to a wedding, so i wont see him again till Tuesday. Right now, im going as a guest on his membership. Gonna do that for about a momth and then ill get a membership myself.

Until then, i'll take tomorrow off and do a 5 mile bike ride thursday morning before work. I may do that again on Saturday as well.

Still working on the diet and how much i should be eating before a workout. I had half a met-rx bar before the workout with water and some OJ. I may have got dizzy due to not eatting enough. Next time i may eat the whole Met-rx bar, or half and a banana.

Anyway, im off to a good start, lets hope i dont die LOL!

Thanks again for all the support guys! it REALLY helps!

You should also have your thyroid levels checked I have hypothyroidism and it caused me to gain 80lbs then when I got the diagnosis figured out I got on meds and lost 50lbs right away. You and I are the same size and I am struggling to lose the rest too. Best of luck bro and stay with it.

thanks Woody! Yea that was a thought, but i wanna see what i can do by exercising and diet. Plus my dumb job didnt give me insurance...and when they finally got it for me...they had cut my hours to 30 a week and then i culdnt afford it anymore....ugh..

Although, Im pretty sure im overweight because i eat like a pig and sit around alot lol....but thats about to change!

Good luck buddy! One word of advice though, don't worry about the actual number of pounds you drop as much as how your body actually shapes up!

my mother works out extensively and she always complains about gaining pounds from the workout rather than losing pounds. This is mostly due to fat weighing less that actual muscle weight. So if you hit a rough wall where numbers aren't going down just keep plugging away! It will more than likely be the wall where fat is transitioning to muscle :D

Again, we all believe in you! Be the bounty hunter you are meant to be!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back