Which helmet fits?

Prymer13

Well-Known Hunter
Ok, I am trying to get things in line to get my helmet. I am noticing alot of people selling their buckets because they don't "fit". Can any of you help me figure which helemt would fit me?

I have a 7 1/4" hat size (for fitted ball caps, etc.)
And no Tucan Sam nose either...

Thanks
D

For an average sized head, a DP 95 or 96 will do the trick. Not a lot of extra room but okay.

For us larger nuggeted peeps, you'll need to go for a Mystery helmet or a MSH, MSH 2 or if you've got a 57" Buick on your neck like me, you'll need an MLC helmet.

Word to the wise - a lot of times fibreglass recasts of DP helmets come out smaller than the original due to shrinkage and thickness of the fibreglass.

You should be able to wear a DP without much trouble unless you wear glasses.

I'm going to start a "big headed, glasses wearing" support group for people like myself. All welcome. :)

Well, I gotta say. I'm only 5'2" and the 95 DP was a little small for me personally once I got 2 fans put in there. And don't even think about a rangefinder servo. I recently upgraded to a slightly larger fiberglass bucket.

That's the size of my noggin as well.The DP96 fits with my nose touching the visor.The DP95 hits Front & back when I "try" to put it on.

Thanks all for the input, now I know which difection to go in. So from as far as I can tell, I am looking for a DP95 or 96...thanks again.

Darren

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back