Just a thought about the shin tool rubber strips...

Darth Voorhees

Well-Known Hunter
Preferred Vendor
ya know i was building a set of shintools today for one of my commission builds and somethinmg hit me. The rubber strips we take out of the squeege..they look like the "weird" t-track found on some ESB/ROTJ E-11 Stormtrooper blasters...i wonder if thats what it was? I need to find pics to see if its a dead match, but it sure looks ALOT like it. Just thinkin out loud.

100_3026.jpg

100_3025.jpg

100_3024.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, they used trim used to make kitchen drawers slide smoothly on top of them. Imagine how many squeegees they'd have to cut up for this scene...
REF_ANH-4331133.jpg

haha i know, but i have seen blasters with wierd t-track that looked similar to the rubber from the squeege (i added a pic on top now)

They were only ESB and ROTJ ones ive seen with them, not ANH. That pic is from ANH (as im sure you know lol)

Well, the ESB E-11's had the same, with the exception for a propstore of london that has been confirmed that it was dressed up afterwards by them, and the ROTJ I think is pretty much confirmed to be metal U-track. But if you think exclusively on the ROTJ E-11's then maybe, maybe there could be room for one somewhere. I see what you mean is what I'm trying to say. :)

yea...i may be off of course, it just looked so much like it to me. I think i was thinking of that propstore ESB one. eh..just a thought lol

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back