Matty's ESB Display Build Thread

Thank you. Really appreciate all the good feedback. Mike, I've been thinking about doing something with those windows...

And some more pics, because who gets tired of looking at pics? Right!?

73e863cb-4366-430b-8a12-46d826fab64e_zpsf4a24c78.jpg

05cdcb52-a0c9-4716-9cc8-ad67fb163e72_zpsbe176cd8.jpg

seriously love this thread matty. outstanding work. every post gets better and better. almost afraid to see what's next out of fear that my male ovaries will explode. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390963720.415679.jpg

Sent from my R2 unit

Thanks everyone. I started a thread in The Sarlacc Pit detailing how I made the base. And Deathproof, I agree about the light. I'll see what I can do.

So I went a little crazy the other night and completely re-weathered my chest armor. It was kind of a gamble and it's kind of hard to see in pics, but it looks much cooler now. I got some more variation in the weathering, it's not so "flat" looking anymore. This pic isn't great but you can see what I'm talking about. It's actually more subtle looking in person.

aa_zpsea6e830d.jpg

Amazing, truly amazing Matty Matt!

It's information overload at the moment as I pull together my project plan, your build just wants me to go crazy with it now but more research is needed.

Thanks for posting.

Wastey :D

Hey guys, check this out. Some "artist" has taken one of my photos and is trying to pass it off as original artwork. Prints are $40. Think I can get one for free? Lol.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j243/mattycairns/Screenshot2014-10-19at84230AM_zpse0e870c4.png

And my original photo from this thread.

IMG_3473.jpg

And the link "Boba" by s2lart – Hero Complex Gallery

You're not the only one who have his work/photo re-used by others:

BobaFettT-ShirtFinal-1.png

Link here ==> Star Wars Locations and Places T-Shirts.

He never asked for my permission, but hey, it's a free world and we all 'borrow' our work from Star Wars.

Sorry for the hi-jack.

Last edited by a moderator:
$40 for a mosaic photoshop filter? He must be pretty famous to charge that ;)

Don't think there's much you can do aside from telling him it's yours and you request him to credit you or take it down. Lawyers for something like this would cost you more money and energy than it's worth.

I'm not upset about it or anything and I certainly won't pursue it. I just thought you guys would get a kick out of how lame it is. I don't know anything about photoshop but I figured it just must be some kind of filter. Funny stuff.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back