Matty's ESB Display Build Thread

Matt, if you need alco switches for the guant, hit me up, I have some.

If my build ends up looking half as good as your's does on that mannequin, I'll be happy as hell! The fit and placement of everything just looks right (that pose doesn't hurt either). The extra weathering that you did adds a lot of depth and I reference this thread almost every day, no joke!

I'm still gathering parts...forever gather parts...
I have armor painted,cape dyed, and 2/3 braids braided. I'm so anxious to start the helmet painting. I'm sewing my flak vest and contemplating sewing my flight suit. I've created a duct tape mannequin, but can't really do anything on it until I get the soft parts figured!

Big thank you to Jc27 for hooking me up with these. I take back all those things I said about him. :lol:
image.jpg

Small update. I snagged a pair of Mark Chengs from Necronaut and these things are sweet. I'm messing with the weathering to get them a little more to my liking and I'll be posting pics soon.

They came with a set of Mojo toe spikes but they needed some work. The original brackets didn't fit the boots correctly and there were some extra holes. I ripped those suckers off and made new ones.

IMG_0760_zpsb0fe9bb0.jpg

I couldn't find any 5/8" flat aluminum so I had to buy 3/4" and cut it down by hand. That was kind of a pain but I made do. The toes spikes themselves were fine after a little sanding.

IMG_0764_zps4a257ff6.jpg

I think they are going to work great. I'll post again when I have it all put together. I'm just excited to finally have some real boots!

Here are the boots. I haven't had to do too much to them except darken and dirty them up. I like the darker look for ESB.

image_zps1ec7102a.jpg

I know the shape of the toe area isn't quite accurate, but these are great boots and I can see why they were considered the best for a long time.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back