Matty's ESB Display Build Thread

What now? Shin tools my friend, shin tools.

My wife was nice enough to get me this for my birthday.
IMG_4209_zps0347d9e4.jpg

I cut it down and scratchbuilt the Mitchell rods.
IMG_4212_zpscf68ade4.jpg

More pics to come!

The knurled parts were from a tool I found in an old toolbox. It was some kind of awl or pick. I cut it in half with a hacksaw and had just enough for the two rods. The rods themselves are plastic tubes that I filled, drilled holes in, and then painted. Here are the two finished tools. I also have the pipe/tube one done too, although it's boring looking so I didn't take a pic.

IMG_4213_zpse7fe0b17.jpg

That is a seriously impressive scratch built tool! I hope I get so lucky looking through some "old tools" trying to find something I can use.

Thanks guys. I also added a bit of xlr cable in the gauntlet hose for that extra bit of detail.

IMG_4167_zps220bdcf1.jpg

And something else I wanted to show you guys. If you want to hang your jetpack on a mannequin without the hassle of a harness, this is how I did it. Just a strap through the back armor with some hardware to keep it attached. This way the whole thing just lifts right off the body.

IMG_4049_zpsbb7ac369.jpg

IMG_4050_zps5196f2de.jpg

that is close to how I did my straps on the mannequin, but I used the collar studs to hold the strap. I didn't think to do it like you did.great job on everything!

that is close to how I did my straps on the mannequin, but I used the collar studs to hold the strap. I didn't think to do it like you did.great job on everything!

Yeah, I guess that would work too! I actually never thought of that.

- - - Updated - - -

The holster is all notched out for the SR sidearm. I cut about 1.25" out. Looked about right.

IMG_4242_zpsb17e0b7b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So today I used my dremel and a bunch of files to cut out the safety slot in the trigger guard. The trigger actually fell apart as I was cleaning around it, so I just hacked it off altogether. I'll rebuild it with JB Weld or something and just glue it back on. It actually worked out well because the slot was easier to make without the trigger in the way.

IMG_4245_zps748847b9.jpg

What did you have to notch out of the holster to get the sidearm to fit? Is that slot in the sidearm trigger supposed to be there?

What did you have to notch out of the holster to get the sidearm to fit? Is that slot in the sidearm trigger supposed to be there?

You have to cut out the back corner of the holster, so that the trigger guard will sit down lower. Not everyone does it, but it should be done. Also, the SR Pulce's we got are not the screen used version, so if accuracy is your aim, you have to cut out that slot. (y)

I may try to work on mine this weekend. I am looking forward to see how you paint yours, I will probably use your ideas and hopefully I can do a good paint job even though I have zero skill.

I've spent the last couple weeks filling, sanding, etc. I had to rebuild a couple parts of the gun but it's good enough now to throw some paint on it. Should be smooth sailing from here on out.

IMG_4246_zpsb1b12cdb.jpg

Tape coming off...

IMG_4250_zps7c420783.jpg

What did you use for filler on the sidearm? I'm going to start working on mine this week, so I need a few tips on how to finish it up.

First, I want to say you are very talented. Very nice looking build.

If you pm me your address I will send you a trigger for the sidearm, I have one or two left from the modular builds I did.

Would you like a set of the new more accurate mounts for the EE3? I can send them when I send you a trigger.

And to answer a question for most people. The split is for a 'trigger lock' that goes in the sidearm. I had a split trigger version, but it had quite a few bubbles so I went back to the solid version as people found it easier to modify and because you don't typically see the split when the sidearm is holstered.

Is this the light version matt?

- - - Updated - - -

Ohh, and another side note, that will make you cringe:) The little square tab on the side of the sidearm is the safety.... If you make it split trigger, that gets removed;)

I want to say, I would let you build my fett anytime. I'm envious.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back