Matty's ESB Display Build Thread

The armor paint is almost done. A few finishing touches and I'll be movin' along. Hope you guys like it.

IMG_3473.jpg

It looks... perfect! Love all the colors you used and all the scratches are the right size and in the right place. Keep up this great build and paint up!

It looks... perfect! Love all the colors you used and all the scratches are the right size and in the right place. Keep up this great build and paint up!

Thank you so much. Your templates were a huge help. I flipped back and forth between them and the reference photos to try to make it as accurate as I could.

looks amazing!!!!! so nice. did you use a liquid mask ? so glad for the update in these picture!!!

Thanks for the compliments. I really want to like the layering method, but I just can't get the level of detail I want using it, so I went back to all topical. I actually started by doing the silver and liquid mask but didn't like how it was turning out. Topical is just easier for me.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_3486.jpg

He's going to look pretty cool holding a blaster. Lots more work to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
This suit is coming along great. I hope when I get my BM armor that it will look this good. What did you use to wether the suit and vest?i saw the same boots at target and I think I am going to give them a try.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I really appreciate them all. (y)

This suit is coming along great. I hope when I get my BM armor that it will look this good. What did you use to wether the suit and vest?i saw the same boots at target and I think I am going to give them a try.

The flightsuit is weathered with a combo of spray paint and charcoal. Just lightly misted paint and ground up charcoal rubbed into it. If you spray the paint on lightly the fabric stays soft. I used a combo of flat black, gray primer, and a brown color. The vest is actually clean and I'll probably just leave it like that.

Construction of the knees has begun. These are the RKD ones that come in a bunch of pieces so everything has to be assembled. All the trimming is done, just have to do some filling and sanding before paint.

IMG_3520.jpg

The knees are looking good, but... there's no yellow damage on them. My first ESB armor templates were done the same way, but the updated template has the 'correct' colors (it has the same color combination as the right shoulder bell).

ESB Knees.jpg

I've started assembling the blaster kit. This thing is really cool. All the Webley pieces are together and I'm just starting to work on the greeblies. Thank you to Stormrider and Darth Vorhees for hooking me up with the missing piece! Everything screws together except the hammer, I had to glue that in place.

IMG_3582.jpg

I also just made some sling mounting hardware. $2.49 at the local hardware store for these hangers. Found them with the picture hanging stuff. Just cut off the extra bits on the side and add a new ring. They don't swivel, but I think they will work for me.

IMG_3587.jpg

IMG_3589.jpg

Also got my Woodman braids from Recon. With every addition it looks a little more complete!

IMG_3588.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back