Matty's ESB Display Build Thread

The only major difference between the left gauntlet in some of the stills (or scenes) is that big gray scratch at the base of the joint section; I did not saw other noticeable differences, so I say is the same gauntlet with that reparation during the filming.

I quote myself just to show that there are no noticeable differences between the gauntlets, except the 'repair' damage and its surrounding area:

ESB Left Gauntlets.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. I found that the weight of the blaster had caused the arms to sag down a little, so I positioned them higher again. This seems to be a drawback to using a foam mannequin. Everything else about it works great, just the weight of the gauntlets and the blaster are a little problem.

IMG_3959_zps56a50063.jpg

Here's where I'm at with the flamethrower. I think it's coming along nicely and will have only cost me about $5 when I'm done. There's a whole lot of guesswork going on here. I can give some details on how I'm making it if anyone is interested.

IMG_3974_zps9c3d92e0.jpg

Got a little more work done on the back plates. I was able to get the bends in the bottom one. It's going to need a lot of detailing and weathering, but you guys get the idea.

IMG_3979_zpse72d93ea.jpg

Here's a shot before I really started putting it together.

IMG_3966_zpsa4482679.jpg

Big thanks to Necronaut for kindly sending me some of his leftover flamethrower bits. What a great guy. These resin pieces are making my life easier, and for that I am very thankful.
Here's where I'm at tonight. I think I almost have this thing done. I'm working off of what I can make out in reference photos, not trying to emulate any of the kit flamethrowers.

IMG_3984_zps24fab875.jpg

Thanks guys. (y) This is what I ended up with. It was a lot of work, but I think it came out fine. I didn't work from any plans or anything, just made it up as I went.

IMG_3994_zps8c54ef97.jpg

I just read this entire thread, and am blown away by the epic scratch builds and mods put into this display. You should get out and troop it sometime, and show off all your hard work!

Haha, thanks a lot guys. Epic scratch builds and mods...I like that. :D

And I love the stuff this RKD guy makes...although he sold me ROTJ gauntlets and I had to fix 'em.

IMG_4006_zps914144c0.jpg

Going to start work on the holster I got from Kcr7pr. This is going to need a lot of smoothing and filling. A lot.

IMG_4011_zps060cab0d.jpg

IMG_4015_zps057ac467.jpg

I would like to cut the knife pocket off, but because of the way these are molded it's impossible. You would end up with just a big whole in the front of the holster. Not a big deal, just would have been cool to cut it off.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back