Matty's ESB Display Build Thread

I was able to reposition the right arm again and get him to hold the blaster a little better. This thing just looks so much cooler now, like an actual person. This is still very much a work in progress, and there is a lot more work to be done. Thanks for the encouragement, guys.

IMG_3885_zpsa2e86d30.jpg

Matty, from a selfish point of view i am sorry to see your build coming to an end, you have truly inspired me with this thread, Great build up

Thank you so much guys. I'm really glad you guys think it's cool. The whole idea was to make it look less like a costume on a mannequin, and more like Boba Fett just hanging out in my basement. So I think I'm on the right track. The arms were kind of a pain to get positioned right, but I think they're good now.

I got a little more painting done on the gauntlet accessories.

IMG_3897_zpsfb1d459c.jpg

Definitely need to show how you build the wooden framework of the mannequin, I've been looking for a mannequin for months for my Fett but I've been scared of them not being too strong. Besides, I don't want my Fett to be in a 'fantastic' pose as if he's modelling! This is a great thread for a mannequin too!

Thanks guys. The mannequin is actually just solid foam, no wooden structure. I did stick wooden dowels through the legs and torso for extra support though.

Not much progress but I got a little more done on the gauntlets. Taking my time with this because I'm pretty much out of parts to work on without buying more stuff.

IMG_3909_zps5ae88f7a.jpg

I love painting the gauntlets. It's probably my favorite. Great job on these! Are those RKD?

Thanks buddy. Yeah, RKD ROTJ gauntlets.

Wow Matt, those gaunts are coming along beautifully bro!

Thanks Will. I'm really happy with how everything is turning out, and the quality of your parts is a big reason for that. Very pleased with everything I purchased.

A shot of the insides. These things are very tough but flexible. No need to reinforce the insides at all.

IMG_3912_zpsee7bb454.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back