Matty's ESB Display Build Thread

Thanks Raf, guess I should pay more attention. Anyway that is a nice FS, makes me want to send BM another order but I think I'll stick with LS4U since I have her vest and neck seal.

IMG_3740_zpsa09362f1.jpg

IMG_3741_zps2cf0a389.jpg

IMG_3742_zps6464452c.jpg

All I can say is that you need to wear this to some events, if not you are doing yourself a disservice because of how good its going to look.

And so it begins...RKD gaunts that I will somehow turn into ESB. Have to completely redo the whipcord housing and come up with something for the flamethrower. But lots and lots of trimming first. I've already made some progress on the left one.

IMG_3749_zps1b464d82.jpg

You could buy an ESB flamethrower from Evo Props, I think. Or maybe shoot Christian at MOW Studios an e-mail for just the flamethrower, dental expander, whipcord housing parts. I needed a replacement ESB gauntlet half for a set he sold me in October and he was happy to help me.

BTW, just a stunning build!

You could buy an ESB flamethrower from Evo Props, I think. Or maybe shoot Christian at MOW Studios an e-mail for just the flamethrower, dental expander, whipcord housing parts. I needed a replacement ESB gauntlet half for a set he sold me in October and he was happy to help me.

BTW, just a stunning build!

Thanks a lot brother. The flamethrower's the only hard part to track down, so I'll probably just wait for one to show up in the cargo hold. Missed out on a FP one a while back. Wasn't quick enough. :D

and here i was thinking you already had the gauntlets done and were just waiting for the big reveal. pumped to see more progress on this! awesome work as always

Anyone have a pair of ESB gloves sitting around that they would like to get rid of? I'm prepared to offer bottom dollar ;). But seriously, I need some cheap gloves, emphasis on cheap. Just putting it out there.

Well the gauntlets are all trimmed up and the whipcord housing has been cut down. Also drilled the holes for the darts and made a button for the flashlight thingy. A quick coat of primer lets you see any problem areas that need extra trimming or sanding. I think they're looking pretty good.

IMG_3758_zpsb3e7c9a0.jpg

Alright, so I went ahead and bought a mohair girth for $20. All white and new...

IMG_3761_zps95caecde.jpg

I then added some brown acrylic paint to a little bit of water in a bucket and soaked the whole belt. This got rid of all the white.

IMG_3762_zpse0113f34.jpg

After that was dry, I misted it with brown and reddish brown spray paint until it had the right look.

Inside with flash:

IMG_3764_zpse1b2395b.jpg

Outdoors in natural light:

IMG_3766_zps244ab2e8.jpg

The ESB color is kind of tricky. In the reference photos it goes from pretty brown to pretty red. I think I've achieved something pretty close very easily and inexpensively. I'll let it dry completely before messing with it anymore. I think I can probably find some black straps around the house. I already had all the paint so this whole project was $25.

I ordered mine from victorycanter.com, but some people get them from horseloverz.com or through amazon. They are no more than $20 anywhere really, or at least shouldn't be.
Thanks for the compliments guys. As always, greatly appreciated.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back