Matty's ESB Display Build Thread

So I found an old pic of my helmet when I first started working on it. I'm not actually done yet, still need to install the calc board and the visor (just duct taped in). The rangefinder is just a big hunk of resin, but I tried to add some detail with led's and a hand shaped plexiglass lens. I'm also missing some details like the light green marks under the killstripes. This was all painted by eye, no templates or stencils. One of these days I'll fix some of the stuff that doesn't look quite right and finish it up.

l_zps58e1803a.jpg

IMG_4023_zps127459a6.jpg

IMG_4024_zps93946af0.jpg

IMG_4025_zps2ad8fdcf.jpg

IMG_4026_zpsff2f78df.jpg

IMG_4027_zpsb331752a.jpg

IMG_4028_zpse1477b3e.jpg

IMG_4029_zpsa9e203c5.jpg

bf1bee35-f0c3-4f7c-88f6-d94f50349494_zpsae6c671d.jpg

Thank you everyone. I got the holster just about done and wanted to share it.

IMG_4056_zpsd419d2b2.jpg

I tried to replicate the look of a real one as much as I could. I'll probably beat it up a little more as well and notch out the trigger area when I get a sidearm.

When that suit is done, you have to wear it at least a few times. It would be a crime not to show it off.

I decided to repaint the RF ear on Friday because I was never really happy with the color. I stopped by Lowe's and picked up some Valspar Sagebrush. Much, much better, don't you think?
It's the little things. (y)

IMG_4068_zpsd6448c60.jpg

IMG_4074_zps1b26814b.jpg

Thanks for the input guys. Here's the finished right ear along with some improvements to the RF itself. I think this color looks pretty nice if anyone needs a rattlecan color for this ear.

IMG_4082_zps93607e50.jpg

IMG_4084_zpsb6bfd333.jpg

I decided to add a little more of a curvature to the ab plate. Will ships his stuff with a nice shape, but I thought it looked just a little flat on my dummy. A couple minutes heating it from the back with a hair dryer and gently bending it did the trick. No problems at all. I also padded the chest a little in the center to make the armor look a little more curved. A subtle difference for sure, but I've got nothing else to do until I get more parts.

IMG_4106_zpse6632589.jpg

I've also been trying to darken the cape. Mixed results on that. Stay tuned.

Thank you! Just a small but cool update. Got my lights from Fettronics installed. I went with Raf's 13 step sequence because I like the variety of characters that pop up. The whole setup is contained on the back of the chest plate, so all you have to do is reach your finger underneath to turn it on/off. I highly recommend ordering from Fettronics. (y)

IMG_4121_zps907e6f09.jpg

It was time to mod the beacon, so I went at it like a crazy man. I started by hollowing out the resin beacon with my dremel, using tiny files to make those vent slots. This was a pain, but it turned out ok. The beacon was pretty inaccurate to start with, so I had to stick with the three slot setup. I had a mini led flashlight laying around that I used for the light. I cut off the end with the led and fit it nice and snug into the beacon. I soldered the wires and ran them through the beacon into the jetpack where they attach to 3 AAA batteries. The light originally used some tiny watch batteries, but they weren't going to cut it. The AAA's made it much brighter. I painted the inside of the cap part silver and stuck some aluminum foil in the top to help the light reflect out. Some fresh paint and there you have it, a lighted beacon.

IMG_4145_zpsa7343771.jpg

IMG_4150_zpsa398eed5.jpg

IMG_4152_zps08afa125.jpg

IMG_4157_zpse6e57550.jpg

I think this turned out great for using stuff I had around the house.

Wow that is bright. Those little LEDs really put out some light. The ones I use in my Asok kit are the size of a grain of rice but will blind you if you look right at them.
Who made the RF? If one of my kits will fit it send me a pm, we can work something out.

Wow that is bright. Those little LEDs really put out some light. The ones I use in my Asok kit are the size of a grain of rice but will blind you if you look right at them.
Who made the RF? If one of my kits will fit it send me a pm, we can work something out.

Unfortunately the RF is solid, so it's a no go on the lights. I do really like your kits though. Awesome stuff. And yeah, those tiny bulbs can sure blind you. And I burned myself a couple of times on the soldering iron. Very dangerous work we do, haha.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back