Matty's ESB Display Build Thread

I spent some time thinking about different closing methods (hinges, magnets, etc.) but decided to just go with industrial velcro. Seems to work fine so far. There's a little bit of a gap between the two halves because of the thickness of the velcro, but I'm ok with it.

IMG_3921_zps8fd96f17.jpg

IMG_3919_zps6dfe4705.jpg

There's a guy on etsy selling metal dental expanders for $10. I don't have a real one for comparison, but I think this is pretty awesome. Super clean and ready to paint right out of the envelope. Very impressed.

IMG_3924_zps76fc5ba3.jpg

This thing is tiny! I guess I never thought about how small they would have to be to fit in that little spot on the gauntlet.

Ok, so I got the gauntlets finished except for the flamethrower, which I guess I will attempt to scratch build.

IMG_3927_zpsf1349014.jpg

IMG_3929_zpsd1251448.jpg

Questions and comments are always welcome. Thanks guys. (y)

Thanks fellas. Here are a couple more pics to show how things are coming along.

IMG_3935_zpsebec5155.jpg

IMG_3942_zpsc6965ffc.jpg

So here's pretty much what I have left to do or get:

Get chest lights
Get knee darts
Get shin tools
Build flamethrower
Get holster/sidearm
Upgrade beacon and stabilizer
Some other stuff I'm probably forgetting

Wow..... It's amazing how you put this all together. It looks like Jeremy Bulloch is just hanging out in the Boba costume at your house. Bravo man, just stunning work on this. :cheers

Ok fellas, flamethrower time. :D Reference pics of this thing seem to be hard to come by. This is one of the better ones I could find. If anyone has any good ones, please share.

Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-10a_zps8830a758.png

All of the replicas vary greatly, so I'm just going by reference photos and kind of doing whatever I think looks good. This is where I'm at now.

IMG_3956_zpse1336c47.jpg

One thing I'm not quite sure about are the colors. I see a lot of people making parts white now (like the piano key block things), but I don't see any white in the photos. I see silver, black, and red. What's the consensus on this?

I would hit up Raf. If there is a good pic of the flamethrower, either he has it or knows where to find it.

I think you are right regarding the white being actually silver. Here are all the images I found that shows a pretty clear image of the ESB flamethrower.

ESB Stills:
ESB Flamethrower Still 01.jpg ESB Flamethrower Still 02.jpg

ESB Screencaps:
ESB Flamethrower Screencap 01.jpg ESB Flamethrower Screencap 02.jpg ESB Flamethrower Screencap 03.jpg

Thanks guys, I figured Raf would have some info. Knowing that there are two differing paint schemes for the left gauntlet, could it be possible that the flame unit is painted differently too? In that dining scene pic it really looks like some parts are white, but in the others everything looks silver. Also, in the "shooting at Luke" pic I don't see any red on the middle gas cannister thingy. Maybe it's just the photos.

Thanks guys, I figured Raf would have some info. Knowing that there are two differing paint schemes for the left gauntlet, could it be possible that the flame unit is painted differently too? In that dining scene pic it really looks like some parts are white, but in the others everything looks silver. Also, in the "shooting at Luke" pic I don't see any red on the middle gas cannister thingy. Maybe it's just the photos.

In the 'dining with Vader' scene the bright light is coming from behind, this is why the silver areas looks white (little reflexion), while in the 'shooting at Luke' scene I say that the red gas canister is 'blocked' (visually) by the first canister.
The only major difference between the left gauntlet in some of the stills (or scenes) is that big gray scratch at the base of the joint section; I did not saw other noticeable differences, so I say is the same gauntlet with that reparation during the filming.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back