ESB main gauntlet damage template

Darth Voorhees

Well-Known Hunter
Preferred Vendor
I made this for myself to get the damage correct on the left Gauntlet. I traced over a high res image to get the basic shape down. I have a vinyl cutter so i just cut it out in vinyl to use as a mask, stuck it on, painted and removed it i think it came out pretty good. You will need to do a little dry brushing on some of the edges it you want to get it more natural looking, but this is a good start. You also may need to scale it to your particular gauntlet. I made this for the 2010 MOW's and i had to scale it a bit to get it the size i wanted..figured id share in case anyone wanted this. I may do one for the grey damage as well. On the gauntlet pictured, i just did the grey damage by eye/hand.

Leftgauntletdamage.jpg

Here is my gauntlet:
100_2975.jpg

Here is the high res pic close up (and upsidedown)of the gauntlet:
Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-03copy.jpg

Here is the full image:
Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-03.jpg

It looks good so far!
Altough your paint job is accurate, there is another, cleaner version (without that big dark gray scratch). But the interesting part is that the clean version appears only in the hallway scene (when he walks beside the HIC and when he shots at Luke - still images); all the other (need further clarifications here) scenes looks with that big dark gray scratch on the left gauntlet:

ESB Left Gauntlet v1.jpg ESB Left Gauntlet v2.jpg

Chronologically it doesn't look correct, but is possible that they shot some scenes earlier or later (the scene where Boba Fett follows the Millenium Falcon was shoot later than it appears in the movie). It also seems the same gauntlet with the same big silver scratch, but is also possible that they did two sets of gauntlets with very close, almost perfect paint jobs.

Last edited:
Yea i noticed that! I just like the more damaged looking one better :) I usually use that photo shoot for my reference cuz i have the best hi-res from those, and it is one of the ESB suits im sure...so im happy lol.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back