saint_nasty's aotc Java helmet paint-up

Mike M.

Well-Known Hunter
Community Staff
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
i just got done painting and weathering my java helmet and i was looking for a little feedback on it. i used satin white, flat black, dark gray primer, and light gray primer. then for the weathering i lightly misted it with flat black and satin brown, then i used the same "bird poop" technique i use to weather jango helmets, meaning i load a brush with a color, smash the bristles to get most of the paint out and it gives me a more random pattern, then poke the tip of the bristles into the corners and crevices. i start with the darkest color and progressively use lighter colors, for this i used acrylic black, brown, and light gray. after that i take a wet paper towel and start wiping it off and it leaves only the heaviest blobs of paint on the surface and good dirty looking variations in the nooks and crannies i can't get the paper towel into. i'm pretty happy with the way this turned out, but i would like some comments and critiques. so enough talking, here's the pics.

DSCN1451.jpg

DSCN1453.jpg

DSCN1454.jpg

DSCN1457.jpg

and if anyone cares, here's what the helmet looked like before weathering.

DSC04187.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like em dirty so this looks good to me.

But here is my question. How is the neck ring done on this one. I have one in the closet that I need to finish, and I haven't decided on how to do the neck. I can see that the back of the neck is the detached part, but is it magnets and if so did you have to build up a place to hold the magnets???

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back