501st member starting a Jawa build.

Bayani

New Hunter
Greeting all,

My name is Mark, and I'm a member of the 501st Legion. Since I'm new to these boards, I'm limited to where I can post so I figured I could start here. I'm almost finished building my Animated Death Watch trooper, and I'm about to begin building my Jawa. I welcome any information this group can provide regarding components for a Jawa build, and look forward to hearing from fellow members.

Respectfully

Mark

Star Garrison
Central Texas Squad
CC-4764 Gree

Mark,
Check the Krayt clan. That's where Jawa stuff would be.

- - - Updated - - -

Figures you clone guys. LoL. PS I started a ESB Fett build. Down with your clones.

- - - Updated - - -

Mark forgot. This is Darren

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the majority of the folks are using monks cloth for the fabric. You will probably have to dye the fabric brown. Dye it before you make the suit, I used it on my Gamorrean and it shrinks a lot. Let it dry in it's own, don't ring it out. Makes the dye uneven and looks like tie-dye. TK-409's website has some rough measurments for making the robe and various other parts. I started to collect reference pics on this suit for my boy. He's only 1 1/2 now, but I'm planning ahead.

There is a very simple way to cut the robe if the following criteria are met
1. You're doing an OT jawa
2. You have 60" wide material
3. It is less than 60" from wrist to wrist with your arms outstretched.

If your wrist to wrist measurement is longer than 60", you would need to find a wider material.

With that said, you can do the garment the same way you would cut a princess leia garment so that there are only 2 seams that run along the sides from ankle to armpit to wrist. You can see the details here: Dress Pattern

Hope that helps. We made two of these robes in just a short time for two of our children. Here is a pic of them as we worked on the costumes.

316132_10150389692021313_43759008_n.jpg

You would then need to tatter the sleeves and hem some as well for the weathered look.

If you need a mask, trooper1 of Garrison Carida makes some great ones.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back