Sideshow Life-Size Fett

Couple questions...

First, has anyone heard Alex Alva's reaction to the final production model?

Second, anyone else end up preordering this and find themselves questioning their purchase? I think I may cancel it after seeing these pictures. I'll keep my trash can armor Boba, thank you.

Ok, scratch number one... Looking back, I saw that Alex/SpideyFett was banned? What happened???

I was fully prepared to buy it if the finished piece turned out exactly like the prototype, but I didn't pre-order simply for the fact that I know Sideshow has a terrible history of screwing things up between concept and completion. Glad I waited to see pics of the final product before putting any money down because once again SS dropped the ball. (n)

I expected there to be some compromises in the final model. The paint job was pretty detailed but I NEVER expected such a drastic change in the physical form. It's like they completely threw out the prototype model from Tom Spina Designers. What the heck is up with the body!? It doesn't even resemble a human. I showed the comparison picture of it to my sister and she pointed out even the base looks cheap now (she described it as looking like it was made of Barbie plastic). Clearly, they took the route of maximizing their profit at the expense of quality. It's a shame, too, because I can tell you, they sure lost a sale from me. And $7500 isn't anything to sneeze at...

I think that most of the purchasers of this Fett will be people that do not know just how ****ty it looks. As for Alex, you would have to ask Art, I've heard some stories, but I will not say what they were.

I think that most of the purchasers of this Fett will be people that do not know just how ****ty it looks. As for Alex, you would have to ask Art, I've heard some stories, but I will not say what they were.

I suppose but at the same time, someone who is willing to drop so much money on an item (a person like me) is probably a big enough fan to know what Boba Fett should look like but lacks the expertise to do a custom build. Also, I've shown the production model to several friends who are NOT Boba fans but still recognize how awful it looks. I showed one guy yesterday (who actually knows a tremendous amount about collectibles) and he instantly said, "that looks like a piece of $#!+" but again, has no idea who Boba Fett is or what he should look like (in fact, every time he'd ask me when it was do in, he'd refer to him as Bobo lol). Aside from the flaws with the representation of the character, something happened along the production line where Sideshow and their manufacturers in China forgot what a male human being looks like and this, whatever you want to call it ("abomination" fits nicely) is the result.

And truly, I believe the anatomy is the biggest flaw because since we're so used to seeing what a person looks like, when we see something that is supposed to mimic a human but fails, that becomes all the more obvious to us. From the long neck, small head, thin limbs, and "floaty" shoulders, everything about the anatomy of it reads just a little off but since we inherently know what it should looks like, are reaction to its shortcomings are more severe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean I just don't understand how this was designed to be broken apart, molded, reassembled and repainted and come out this horrible. Hell, the belt, gloves and boots are all sculpted too! I can honestly understand paint but the shape?!

You could just go on and on.

1509720_748052361930041_6432109016841905621_n.jpg

I think it's safe to say at this point that anything SS does is going to be a huge disappointment if you're looking for screen accuracy. I can't begin to imagine how awful their 1:1 Vader is going to look when it's officially unveiled because even the prototype for it was a little underwhelming. It's really a shame because just like UMD_S4L I was ready to shell out the money for this thing just to save the time and effort of not having to do a custom build(I'm a little burned out after doing my own Vader, Joker and Terminator 1:1 statues), but it's obvious at the point that the only way I'll ever have a screen accurate Boba is going the custom route.

Hey, correct me if I'm wrong, but the little gold banner on Sideshow's page for it that says "prototype shown" is new, isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the items they show ARE shown as prototypes. I wonder if this is due to the fallout from others having seen the production model and responding in a similar fashion. prototype.jpg

That tag is new. The piece in the pics looks nothing like the one posted here with the girl. The one on the sideshow site looks pretty good, too bad the other one is probably what people will be getting. I know if I paid for one and it looked like the giraffe neck one I would be pissed and demand my money back.

Whoa, whoa, whoa!

Ok, I was just perusing Facebook when I saw Sideshow posted a feature and gallery on Toy Soul 2014 on their blog. It was the exact same images seen thus far: the Iron Man toys, the Hot Toys 1/4 Fett, life size Han in Carbonite... BUT, no life size Boba Fett to be seen. I'm not trying to be conspiracy theory on y'all, but is it safe to say Sideshow knows they have a failure on their hands?

To anyone interested, here's the link http://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/hot-toys-toy-soul-avengers-age-of-ultron-sideshow-star-wars

They should have realized it as soon as they sent the prototype to China to get built. Anyone that looks at that pic will notice how skinny the arms are and how ridiculous the neck looks. I mean even the rangefinder stalk is too long.

Wow, what a POS. The head looks lopsided and the body looks like he hasn't eaten in months. When I first looked at the picture with his head being off center, I thought of the my little pony character derpy. And no don't watch it my wife does, that picture just makes me think of "derpy fett".

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back