who has the more accurate ESB helmet, bobamaker or fettpride?

The fettpride GMH is the accurate one, mostly because it was casted from an original ILM helmet (the Pre-Pro #2), while the bobamaker helmet is a fan made helmet, but specially made to achieve the ESB look (the physical damages, but the most important features are the argued helmet flare and the wavy brow). The only physical difference between the GMH (Pre-Pro #2) and ESB helmet is the overall size of the helmet and the physical damages applied by the original painters.

is the pre-pro #2 helmet exactly the same helmet used in the ESB movie? overall size means bobamakers is more accurate?

The PP2 helmet and all the helmets ROTJ, ESB PP3 etc were all once SuperTrooper helmets cast from the same mold like the Stormtrooper helmets are all the same. The GMH is THE closest thing to a screen used helmet in size and shape you will get as of now its the closest in lineage to the screen used helmet. Unless someone was to mold the ESB helmet or something which I highly doubt would ever happen

The GMH is smaller than the BM lid from what I've heard. GMH on the left and a Mystery Helmet on the right which is very similar to the BM lid.

GMHandMysteryhelm.jpg

i always thought the mystery helmet was bigger than the BM. If i recall correctly, before the GMH, people said the BM helmet was the smallest available helmet..some even said it was too small. What are the thoughts on this now that the GMH has been released? Does anyone have both a BM and a GMH with the ears on it to compare?

I'm a big fan of the TF lid. It fits me great and TF is very talented and a top notch guy. ASOK has the old FP mold and its nice and he's a good dude. BM lid is very nice too and he's very reputable. Never seen a GMH, but prepare to wait years if you want one. We have some great makers of lids here man. Cant go wrong with anyone, just my opinion though. I'm no pro.

When i repaint my BM lid, (cuz i will eventually lol) Im going to fill in those lines in the dent to make it look more accurate. The main shape is good, its just those prominent crease lines that need to go. Actually i may do that before i repaint it. I can just repaint the dent :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back