For the Record

Fettistics

Hunter
The AT-AT walker is pronounced "Ay-Tee Ay-Tee" not "At at" if I hear someone call it that one more time....it's like ATV "All terrain vehicle" AT-AT "All terrain armored transport" WAS THAT SO HARD?!

I used to call it "at"-"at". Still do occassioanlly. I always think of it as a term of endearment. It's also similar to calling the HMMWV a Humvee.

I was born in '77, even in the movie a voice over the intercom says, " Imperial AT-AT walker". Not atee-atee walker.

- - - Updated - - -

For reelz

Last edited by a moderator:
And why do you care so much about my intimate life?! Ah I see what your trying to do, subconsciously make me change the subject! Well played...it's still pronounced "Ay-Tee Ay-Tee" :p

I was born in '77, even in the movie a voice over the intercom says, " Imperial AT-AT walker". Not atee-atee walker.
For reelz

Nope. In the movie they are only ever called "imperial walkers." First by the rebel commander in the trench, then over the rebel base intercom. AT-AT is nowhere in the dialog of the film or script.

hey all! huh... I didn't realize there is actual debates on how to announce the name of an AT-AT walker. I only became a big star Wars fan in these recent teenager/young adult years and never even knew it was pronounced "at at" and not A T A T (which is the way my nerdiness brought me up to know it as :p)

Honestly, does it matter if, according to records of both sides, it's technically correct both ways? Just my two cents.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back