How much $$ has your hobby/obsession cost

Misfit

Jr Hunter
How much have you guys spent on your current Fett build this is my 3rd upgrade for my Fett hope to be done by October this is what I spent on my Boba Fett part list. ESB
Helmet$150
Visor $25 eBay
Aluminum Stalk $27 asok
Decals$35scott lucks
Paint,glue,hinges,bondo,fiberglass,
Velcro,etc $300 ruff estiment
Helmet Fans $30
Neckseal $50 batninja
Used Vest $70 batninja
Flight suit $150 cucblack
Pouches $35 cucblack
Shin tools $30
Gauntlets $235mow
All armor $400 RKD
Jetpack $300mow
Boots $150 mow
Aluminum Toe Spikes $35
Aluminum Gauntlet darts,knee darts,shoulder studs $124 evolution
Girth belt $65 woodman
Esb leather belt $175 melmathson
Scalps $45 woodman
Cape $35 tk409
Gloves $50
Esb blaster
Light,sound $35
Heiland $35
Greeblies $15
Sling $15 taco
Gun body $90
Sidearm $135 evolution
Jet pack harness $30
U.S divers buckle real $30
Maniquin $200
Still need holster ??
Still need Chest lights ??
Total so far $3,101.00
*** ???
And he still is under construction ? So what have you guys spent ? I'm glad my wife does not know I spent this much money she would slap me!!

I spent pretty close to what you spent on my first version back in 2007. But I know I've more than doubled that since then. What with buying multiple helmets, jetpacks, and other parts as well as making a second SE Boba. Also, shout out to a fellow SA area Fett Misfit ;).

Hey TXfett you 501st? I did the flambeau parade with SWASSA in my old inaccurate version Boba i am trying to go 501st with these upgrade purchases but still work in progress I want to have it done for Austin comic con

Misfit, TxFett would love to get a look at ur Fett's some time? Mines done but gonna be doin some up grades soon maybe you guys could give a few pointers. Or hell just get a few beer's and talk shop. Also will do a price list for mine (there are just so many parts lol).

I never build a fett and propberlby never will be.
All People I know with a GOOD Fettbuild tell me their fett-build had cost 3000-4500$ - you could buy a used car for that price or buy food for your family the next 2 jears.

But when I think on my Custom Mando... A good custom is growing and growing. And there is alot of experimenture, tiral and Error.
I would say my Custom has taken 500$ on the first build. But after 2 Years i would estimate a invested sum of 1800$.
It is alway the little parts 10 bucks here, 10 bucks there - oh wait, what happend to my money? - Oh this... and this, and also this, that and this too... whoops.

The Deathwatch custom was never complete but my aim was to drop the costs whenever i can. So i Maybe invested 200$ for the deathwatchmaterial (the 100$ WCA Helmet that i put into the garbage can were it belongs not included). But i gonna upgrade that either with new plates so i can round up another 100$

My Recent Jaster Mereel is also one of those "little sum"-traps. Here some leather, there some leather and whoops already a materialprice of 400$ -> and its still WIP

So when thinking only on Custom and Propparts - i would roughly estimate 2500-2800$ maybe 3000$ already due inflation.
It would properbly way more when i also calculate the Tools i needed into.... or the convention tickets ( it is part of the customing hobby still XD )

Jeah, i could have spend the money for "normal" Stuff like white-trash car-tuning, stupid Iphones, Expensive Wenches or Federal Bonds -> but F*** normal things I'm Happy with my decision. XD

Depends how you look at it...if I look at my checkbook: too much

But everytime I look at my awesome fett on a manequin on my home office: Priceless

:)

i have about 5k into boba just in parts currently on the suit. Then you have to look at items i bought and then upgraded, the paint/building supplies like glue, snaps, rivets, bolts and such..im probably at LEAST 6k in just on Fett. Probably about 15K in costuming in general, including buying/selling/upgrading...if not more. Like Slave1Pilot though, i make parts and also am now doing builind.painting commissions and thats what pays for about 99% of this stuff. So its not bad really. I have a **** retail job and managed to afford a $5k Fett, a 1,100 stormtrooper, a 1,300 Sandtrooper a $300 Michal Myers, and a $1,000 Jason Voorhees from F13 pt 7," the new blood"! not bad eh? lol

I've been in the costume community for 13 years now, and have luckily scored some great deals over the years. Don't hate me. :p

For about a grand total of $10,000 spent over those years.....this is what I have done:

STAR WARS

-ROTJ Boba Fett
-Tusken Raider (including real Totokia club from Fiji with metal mace end and metal headshell parts)
-Snowtrooper (came fully ready to wear)
-Stormtrooper (came fully ready to wear)
-Sandtrooper w/ T-21 blaster
-Imperial Gunner (hard armor version)

....and a demilled real Sterling SMG that came already converted into an E-11.

NON-STAR WARS

-Predator (with Hyperdyne sound board)
-Cylon Centurion (still needs rifle)
-Iron Man (from TMP)
-"Generic" Jason Voorhees (heavily Part 7 influenced)
-G.I.JOE Snake-Eyes (mostly 1985 figure based)
-Cobra Destro (came fully ready to wear)
-Screen Used D'Haran Dragon Corps soldier from the TV show Legend of the Seeker

Last edited by a moderator:
$6,900.00 in Boba from Bobamaker 100% build. Spent $135.00 in upgrades today from Mojo! Waiting on DarkSide to send me an invoice for a lighted Beacon $100.00 give or take (hopefully today). $60.00 to MOW for an upgraded load vest to support my JetPack better..... NOT to mention I haven't even SEEN & WILL NOT EVEN HAVE my costume for two more weeks. LOL!!!

let's see...

mystery helmet; $100
RKD armor; $315 (I think. Just rounding up :p)
Jetpack (MoW); christmas present
gauntlets (Mow); birthday gift
flightsuit, pouches, and spats (arkady being made at the moment); $185 (however, I used money friends and family gave me for holidays so not my own money)
ammo belt; $30 (costume base. Inaccurate, a bit. Cheap, insanely great until I ever choose to upgrade later lol!)
gauntlet tubes; $5 (hardware store liquidation price)
harness (from Darth Voorhees but made by Fettdad if I remember right); $25
LED stuff; $75
Paints, sand paper, and stuff; $30-40 at the moment
magnets; $100 I think

So, out of my own money, over $600 some on my own money, but I've been lucky that I kept some of the big items in holiday stuff, or I use holiday money so it doesn't come out of my paycheck And I hope to keep that goin! Almost have all parts so now it's on to fun stuff like painting and things! I haven't posted progress in a while but hopefully I will load new pictures soon!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back