Zam hoses

Heatray

New Hunter
Hey everyone. I am currently building my Zam and after a long, arduous start things are starting to come together nicely. I was wondering if there is a definitive source for the hoses that connect to Zam's waist in the front? I recognize that hose, with the wire running through it and all but I just can't jog my memory as to what kind of gadget I've seen it on. I apologize if this is listed somewhere else on the forum. I looked for it but didn't see it anywhere.

Thanks,

Peggy

I'm also looking for this hose as well. I've been reading thru. the different threads, & I can't find any that say a specific hose that was used. Has anyone ever figured out what was actually used? Hopefully a fellow Zam will chime in here! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.:)

Hey guys. Crazas seems to have located a place in our country that sells hoses like the ones needed for Zam. Why don't you guys send him a PM? If he gets a hold of them I can ship them to you (the ones that wil buy me a greeblie kit) and Crazas may be able to ship the rest theirs.

The ones he got for his wife's Zam look great, they just need staining to be perfect.

I currently looking at Washing machine drain hoses. I am thinking that is what they use right now, but I have not found one that is exact. Many are close and would probably do ok, but I am still on the hunt. :facepalm

I currently looking at Washing machine drain hoses. I am thinking that is what they use right now, but I have not found one that is exact. Many are close and would probably do ok, but I am still on the hunt. :facepalm

I actually just picked some of this up at my local Wal-Mart's hardware dept. in the plumbing aisle. It actually looks really close to what was used, & it was only around $8. With a little help from some paint, I think this will do nicely. I'll have to take some pics when I get a chance, & post here.:)

Ok, here's some pics of the hose I bought at Wal-mart.
ZamHose1.jpg

Here's a closer pic.
ZamHose2.jpg

What does everyone think about this? Other than needing to be painted the appropriate color, it looks pretty close to me, especially for the $$$. Comments are welcome.:)

Yeah, that is pretty much what I have been finding. It is very close. Here is the best photo I can find on this site of actual hose. It looks a little thinner and "looser" to me, but I havent found anything better than what you have yet.

Hose.jpg

I've seen this pic before. I agree that the actual screen used hose looks a bit different, as it appears to be a little more stretched out than the hose I've got. However, having said that, I'd be willing to bet that the hose I've got could be stretched out enough to make the gap more accurate. In fact, given enough stretching, I think the look could be made permanent, as the coils are metal. It would be like stretching out a big spring. As I haven't actually opened the package yet, I don't really know for sure. As soon as I get a chance, I'll have to try doing this. I'll post pics once I have, so you can all see the results.:)

Looking for hoses as well.
What # does that make me now? ha ha
I need to do some looking, but the Zam hoses remind me of hoses found on World War 2 gas masks.
The Wal-Mart ones look pretty close.
Craig
dm101

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back