DIY Iron Man Suit?

Simeb

New Hunter
Hello all!

I'm a new member here, but have been reading the forums for a couple of days. I recently attended Phoenix and Denver Comicons (I live in Colorado) and I want to start attending other conventions and have found making costumes to be a great hobby!
I'm sorry if this is a repost but I have looked at the stickies and didn't find any super useful links. So, with that being said, I want to build a full Iron Man suit out of plastic via a vaccuform table. I'm not terribly artistic but I think I *might* be able to sculpt the pieces out of wood if I were given a template to follow. How much would the materials cost for such a costume (just the plastic and wood, really). And most of all, where can I find templates? Also, I've been having trouble finding a way to craft a helmet with a working motorized visor flip-up deal. Id greatly appreciate it if someone were to point me in the right direction(s)! Thanks all!

The first place to point you is to the RPF.......Replica Prop Forum. You should find more info there than you know what to do with....

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back