My wife's Zam (WIP)

crazas

New Hunter
My wife wants to have her Zam ready for C VI.
We have been working really hard, first doing all our research homework about the costume, then looking for some parts and building some others.
So far, here are some pics, most fo the armor parts and the helmet are from Mon Cal, the ones the they don't make have been sculpted and painted by my good friend Dargas (Ricardo Vargas). The body suit was tailored to fit her after getting some neoprene (in fact we got enough to build 3 suits)
The skirt has been a real headache, so much work, we got a good amount of leather, cut it following the pattern and then hand painted square by square, still need to put it all together.
We got a air of leather gloves from a fashion store.
Still have lots of work to do, shin armor, vest, shoes/boots, but we think we are going to have it ready in time.
Here are some pics and I'll be happy to read all the comments/suggestions
Thanx in advance
P1060525.jpg

P1060522.jpg

P1060521.jpg
P1060512.jpg
P1060513.jpg
P1060514.jpg
P1060515.jpg
P1060516.jpg
P1060517.jpg

P1060520.jpg
P1060519.jpg
P1060518.jpg
1099e3e5.jpg
P1060510.jpg
c3c91b0c.jpg
2838bff5.jpg
e6a2bc32.jpg
ac7c192e.jpg
ade6dee9.jpg
75334183.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great so far!!!!

My wife just decided to do Zam.
So I will be doing most of the work. HA HA
I have been doing my research.
I think it will be a real awesome build.
It looks like "Zam I Am" is out of the Zammer business.
What did you use for the body suit in your picture in the previous post?
If I could ask where did you get the material for the body suit?
Regards,
Craig
dm101

Thanks!

And here´s the first complement to those pieces I just finished:

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

I just need to add a minor detail to the ringlets that hold the "ovariums" in place and it can be painted once the ovarium piece is copied in resin and attached to the central piece.

then it´s painting time! yay

First resin cast after making the silicon molds
I used a few more drops of the resin cathalyzer so this is not the best cast you can get from the molds (but it was a hot, fast one!!! LOL)
15595eb2.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

Looking sexy!

I´m re-sculpting the hose connector bells and centerpiece for the same process. Better shape, proportions and details.

Is there anyone Interested in kits for these particular pieces that Moncal doesn´t make?: central Hose connector piece and hose bells - Ovarium set parts (7 pieces in total) let me know if there´s an interest.

I have started sculpting parts for my wife's Zam, but with the price of the mold silicone I might be interested in getting your parts. Send me info please. Also I would like to know what material you used for her body suit.

Thanks a bunch!

Jim

Neoprene that we got from Strech House.
About the price of the kit, I'm not really sure yet, still need to know how much we will spend on silicone (resin is pretty cheap)
Anyway Dargas will be the one making the call about $

BTW here is another update
Another piece done
a5e296b0.jpg

Thanks, we were looking at stretch house neoprene, but couldn't get them to send us a swatch? Was worried that it might be too purpleleee? Are you satisfied with color?

Keep me informed on the parts kit please.

Thanks

Hey Guys, So far it looks like the Ovarium set (4 pieces) and the hose connector set (3 pieces) will got for 40 bucks the first and 30 the second... 10 bucks a piece. Shipping should be low I think. no more than 20 for boths kits I guess.

There´s no reason to charge more for any particular piece so it´s safe to assume that each piece will be 10 bucks Raw and 20 painted with the same quality as I did Jenny´s (Crazas´s Wife) parts.

I´m also now working on sculpting the rest of the greeblies for the Zam costume and will be offering complete Greeblies sets for sale if anyone is interested in 4 weeks tops.

I´ll offer them in both raw and finished and Painted versions but I won´t stop there I´ll continue sculpting until I can offer complete Helmet and armor parts including gaunts and all.

I´ll open up a thread in here, the Legion Forums and BH guild with the progress of the pieces and I hope to get at least the greblies set of 15 pieces in the course of the next 4 weeks. :D

Without the help and support of Crazas I wouldn´t be doing this, so props to him too. He´s making all the molds on this pieces. Thanks man.

So there it is. starting in the first days of next week I´ll start posting the pieces as i´m finishing them, I might even try to get them out faster but I don´t want to rush it too much, I wan the parts to look good.

Cheers everyone!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back