SE Fett build in Finland! Now finished and approved!!

chibi fett

Active Hunter
Hello and greetings from Finland!

I have been a long time lurker here, actually I have been here before Mojo-Fett... It is time for me to actually get something done on my Boba Fett project....

I first began this project over seven years ago, and had to put it into rear to get my Ghostbusters outfit ready. Little over a year ago, I contacted the local Nordic Garrison people, and I have been supporting them from then on. Before this year, there has not been any Boba Fett's in Finland, and Teemy (Frenzy) had the opportunity to get in first, with his stunning ESB Fett.

I am gunning for the second place, with RotJ SE Fett.

I was in luck, last december, when a retiring SE Fett builder decided to get rid of his gear. I went for the bundle, and got most of the hard items at half price. I had, just prior to this, ordered the flightsuit and flak vest from Bobamaker, so everything got a great head start.

I also ordered the jetpack from BobbyFett UK at the same time, and went for the fully painted one, as I had no space at that time to get painting, adn the RotJ colours are way too difficult for me, as prior to this, I've never used an airbrush before.

Here is a test fitting for the parts. The velcro attachment for the chest armour is offplaced due to my mistake, I am hoping to get that fixed as soon as possible

All paints are Humbrol paints, save from the primers which are normal spray can stuff.

556454_3887131692908_670408175_n.jpg

Part list for my Fett, and their progress is as follows.

Flight suit - Bobamaker - Ready
Flak Vest - Bobamaker - Ready
Shin tools - Mojo Fett & Bobamaker - Ready
Girth Belt - Woodman - Ready
Gloves - Bobamaker - Ready
Chest armour, knees and shoulders - RKD - working on them..
Kindey / Cod - self made in metal - working on them...
Wookie braids & Cape - Woodman - Ready
Gauntlets originally RKD with major work and Bobamaker greeblies - Working on them..
Helmet is Bobamaker Deluxe.

Not seen in this picture;
Jetpack - BobbyFett UK - Ready
Blaster - Sidewinder - Ready
Shoes - MOW - Ready

That is the most that I can think of for now. I'll update this with more pictures later on, I need to go to work soon.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the armour. I am not sure if I have gotten it right, and I want this to be as accurate as I can. The scratches were done with RafaelFett's stencils, I never could have done them without those, Thanks!

I am hoping to get this finished in this summer... Here's hoping..

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you're on track. The armor and paint job look good especially for a first time with the airbrush.(y)

Your armour looks great! What colour humbrol green did you use on the armour? I have done lots of searches on paint types that are available to me in NZ to find the right shade.

Thanks guys! I have been eying the armour for days, and there are days when I am not happy at it, at all, and then times when I am very happy... I guess I am I'm worst critic...

Fettwho, the armour is painted with several layers of paint, put on top of one another. The green shade is done Humbrol 78 (3:4), Humbrol 76 (1:4) mixture painted on mustard brown. The armour was given several buffs with 0000 grade steel wool, between the coats, and the green was darkened with humbrol black (33 if I recall correctly). Then, it was given another light coat of the green mixture, and steel wool, and black...

I intentionally overdid the black paint layers that went between the greens, as I could always wipe out the unwanted blacks with the steel wool.

for the final layer of green, I used the humbrol 78 raw, on top of all the layers of paint. It gave the armour some 'warmth'. Then, after another steel wool, a black ws added. My airbrush was a bit clogged at that time, I feel that I need to redo the final misting..

If you have Facebook account, here is a link to my build blog there, I will update that, and this thread when I get to it, but of the most of my work is there.

See here; Facebook

Thanks!

As promised, here are some pictures of this build. These are from my facebook account.

547831_3786100967203_1123149373_n.jpg

The shoulder bells after Bobamaker decals. Looks very nice, is am really happy with these. The paintjob come together very naturally... With RafaleFett's stencils, who could go wrong...

253384_3837681056673_1847798287_n.jpg

The Gauntlets just before the deep red paint. These were, originally RKD gauntlets, but I have put serious work on them. The lower halfs are completely made from scratch, and are fiberglass and bondo.

The majority of the greeblies on these are from Bobamaker. I contacted him on this regard, and he was corteous enough to make me cast of the mising parts, even though they were not separate from other moulds. He did exellent job, sanded the parts smooth, I only needed to paint and glue them in place. The darts on the right gaunt are Mojo Fett's. Excellent!

537500_3838461596186_222261827_n.jpg

Seen here after initial layer of deep red. I was really happy that I got the colour right on the first time. I'll go and dig up the paints so I can give you the numbers.

534301_3760939178174_1872989397_n.jpg

My shin tools. These are mostly found item parts, from Mojo Fett. He also supplied the alum rods for the anti security blade.

The Jetpack adjustment tool is from Bobamaker. I did a little modification to it, and added a 10mm hex bolt socket to the end. This is because I need to dismantle my Jetpack for storage and transit, and the parts are held together with 10mm hex bolts. I need a tool to make the adjustment to them, and this came to me quite naturally..

No need to haul tools to get the jetpack together, and everyone seems to get a kick out of the fact that my 'Jetpack Adjustment Tool' is actually used for that purpose too..!

575539_3573446530975_1657674957_n.jpg

Here it is. My Jetpack. I ordered this from BobbyFett UK, fully painted. I had no access to paint booth, and as I had no real experience with airbrush, this was a reasonable deal. And, although it took more time than I was promised, I could not be any happier with this. Really, nice work! Worth every penny and niclel...

This weights around three kilograms. Should be breeze to wear this, as my Ghostbusters Proton pack weights 15 kilos (you can just see it on the pic, top right corner. I can post better images if you wish).

389247_3641757438705_580000245_n.jpg

I had a plywood container for CDs laying about, and I thought that is was just about the size of the jetpack. And, I was correct. When the rocket and nozzles are removed (using the jetlack adjustment tool....), they fit inside VERY nicely. And, the Blaster rest there nicely too.

423696_3227328238234_15852684_n.jpg

Two of my three Boba Fett blasters. On top, my scratch built version done few years ago, with only the references found on this forum. This one is not for general use, and for a really good reason. This, is a working firearm, containing one 375 magnum airsoft revolver. I never allow anyone handle it, without supervision and care.

Below, the Sidewinder blaster I got from my purchase from Stockholm last december. It was delivered to me in this condition, I needed not do anything to it. The previous owner did a stellar job on it. The only thing was that the weapon is in two pieces. The glue holding the handle and stock togehter came loose. But, as I need to break it in half for storage and transit, it was no problem. I have added few super strong magnets in the join, and one bolt that is hidden inside my hand. It gives me the opportunity to dismantle this and put it together with ease...

The third one is the Hasbro toy. Don't ask me why I bought it, I just had to...

your storage/transportation case is amazing. also love your jetpack adjustment tool. you should post some pictures of this as i am sure many would be interest! amazing work sir....tip my hat to you

Following the progress with interest bro, keep the pictures coming! Armor damage details are magnificent; good references, proper materials and careful work pay off. Good luck with finishing the project!

Cheers,
-Frenzy

What an awesome build! Everything looks perfect, even the jetpack adjustment tool (although it's not screen accurate), especially because it's a functional tool for your jetpack. Keep up the great work!
And thanks for the nice compliments!

I love that the jetpack adjustment tool is actually a jetpack adjustment tool. Great build.

Thank you guys for the complements! Those are really needed, for this is my first Fett build, and I m a bit hesitant on several things being correct.

I know that my modification to the Jetpack Adjustment Tool is not screen accurate, but there was a need for it, and the modification cannot be seen by the public, so I went for it.

As for how it works, and why I needed it, here you go;

303408_3894629120339_811538870_n.jpg

The BobbyFett UK jetpack came with appropriate wing nuts and locking washers, as one could imagine.

303408_3894629200341_2002131923_n.jpg

Unfortunately, there is so little room inside tha pack to get the wing nuts for the Nozzles thight, and as the pack is made from fiberglass, there is the random sharp strand here and there, waiting to bite my hand.

And, as I need to pull the pack apart for storage and transport, this needed to be done.

303408_3894629240342_642961739_n.jpg

After replacing the tip of the Bobamaker Tool with the 10mm socket head, I replaced the wing nuts with similar sized regular nuts.

303408_3894629280343_1342793112_n.jpg

I just pop the nut and washer in..

303408_3894629320344_703503607_n.jpg

And thighten the Nozzle on without tearing my hand.

Now, this is a chore that is needed EVERY time I am trooping, twice, once on, and once off... This tool is not making this thing go any faster, just a bit easier. I guess I am the last one to suit up, but never worry, I like to help others get dressed up before I do anyway...

And this is to make sure that the jetpack is not damaged while in the storage box...

With not movie accurate I was reffering to the whole tool, not just the modification. Here is an image I already posted in another thread:

Shin Tools Original vs Fake.jpg

The fake tools were fabricated for the SW Visual Dictionary and/or for the Don Post Boba Fett Statue (?) and these are not movie accurate tools.

Shin Tools Original vs Fake.jpg

I love the idea of a costumer walking around a comic con with a real 357. That's probably quite irresponsible of me.

Ah, Ok. Thank you for the information, I did not know about those...

It shows that I've been away for some time... I made my shin tools according to instructions found here, and the fouth tool was from Bobamaker. I know it is from the Visual Dictionary, and I assumed that is has been accepted as adequate substitute.

What is the current consensus on the 501st. at the moment regarding these tools? Are mine acceptable?

- - - Updated - - -

I love the idea of a costumer walking around a comic con with a real 357. That's probably quite irresponsible of me.

With real 357, illegal and irresponsible, for sure, and dangerous. In my blaster there is Airsoft 357 inside, and even that is too dangerous to carry around. In fact, it is illegal to carry even that here in Finland. Airsoft weapons that is.

A small update, nothing major.

I got the shoe spikes done. I initially went for the Mojo-Fett aluminum ones, but he had difficulties in material, and I felt I needed these done fast.

On a local hardware store, I found 10mm aluminum rod, and some flat aluminum bar for less than 10 euro's, and set to work. I cut out sections of the rod, stuck them to a drill, and with this poor man's lathe, I sharpened the ends with a file.

I then bent the aluminum bar to shape, drilled holes on the spikes and the bar. The spikes were then tapped with threading tool, and they are held on to the bar with small M4 screws.

Then, all that was done was to drill a small guide hole to the sole of the shoe, and screw the spikes on.

542489_3930785584228_990396625_n.jpg

Still a bit of weathering to be done on the spikes, but otherwise these are done.

And oh, the weathering on the shoes is not by me. Another thing done by the previous owner. The shoes are MOW shoes, perfect for me.

Great idea with the storage case for the jetpack and blaster.(y)

Thank you.

Since there has been interest on the one third of the storage and transport crate, here is more;

196211_3951028010276_910805392_n.jpg

There actually is three separate crates, all of which can be bolted together with the same bolts that hold the jetpack parts in place. More use for the Jetpack Adjustment Tool...

On the bottom two, one holds the Blaster and the Jetpack, while the other holds most of the rest of the costume.

196211_3951028130279_1666451229_n.jpg

The top one, however, holds the Gauntlets (with hoses), Helmet and the Shin Tools.

I am still thinking of maybe trying to get the knees in the top one too, if I cannot fit them to the cases below.

The top box needs a lot of padding, and for that I scored some padding that is usually used on sound insulation, and weapon cases. I got nearly a square meter of the material, enough to make sure that these items will not be damaged, for less than 4 Euro's. That is little over 5 dollars.

Now, the regular price for the padding here is about 43 euro's for one full square meter of the said padding... About one sheet of paper's size was taken from the full square meter, and the price dropped to one tenth....

Be sure that I will post more of this when I get it finished. The whole crate is desinged so that each of the three boxes can be, if needed, taken apart and stored / transported separate. Or, if need be bolted together and trollied around with the strollie.

And, as the strollie in case is from local ferry that travels between Sweden and Finland, these are abdundant everywhere. They are sold for the sole purpose of hauling the beverages you buy at tax free price, from the ferry to your home. They are rugged, for they need ot be strong enough to haul six cases of beer, and cheap.

Nearly everyone has one that is not needed.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back