SE Fett build in Finland! Now finished and approved!!

Something to show you all...

I had the opportunity to get some works done on my Fett with a local Garrison members. Without them, I would be worlds behind..

I am still holding back on the helmet, I know that is needs to be done, but I am continously rising the bar and never seem to get myself going on it. Welshwarrior is doing the splendid Youtube video tutorials, I really am getting short on excuses..
mine is the Bobamaker Deluxe that I bought last december.

534731_4016300802055_1724780987_n.jpg

I was short of ankle spats, and the armour bits needed correcting, and as they called me yesterday, I packed everything in such a haste, that the gauntlets were forgotten on my workbench... I did have the blaster with me, but for these pictures we decided not to include it so the pics show the armour bits better..

As these pics were taken, the ankle spats were being made. As I got them in my hand, I did have one, just one complaint. They were too clean.... Those, and the belt pouches will be airbrushed lightly to weather them, or, I can just as well take them outside, and have fun with them on the ground..

The armour is RKD vac form, and the painting is my first time, ever, for the use of airbrush...

The Cod / Kidney armour is my own handywork, and the oldest pieces on this costume. I did them over five, maybe six years ago... Nice finish on them, not a speck of rust for all that time... Surprisingly light, I hardly notice them when they are on...

They are made from sheet metal... You got it, metal... Initially I went for full metal Fett, and while I still harbour those nefarious thoughts, and have the metal chest armour pieces... This will allow me to troop with the Garrison, until the metal works can begin..

534731_4016300882057_325711742_n.jpg

The jetpack had the thrusters, but as some work on the placing of the armour were done while I was in the costume, and of course, the bolts for the thrusters were in my home... Decided not to keep them in fear of them dropping...

Had I gotten my transport crate finished, this would not be the case...

The jetpack is RS Propstudio's work, both paint and everything. I had no access to paint booth and went for the finished one. Never sorry for that desicion...

534731_4016300922058_2022617572_n.jpg

You will notice that the rubber bands are missing from the Kod/Kidney, and the knees. That is why the legs on the flightsuit are so low. It is amazing what simple rubber band does to keep up the appearance. I have the rubberbands, just need to do work on them... The knees are held on with industrial strength Velcro, and should be no trouble...

534731_4016300962059_1516587061_n.jpg

The Woodman Wookie braids need to be stitched into the flak vest, easy job.

The lighting does havoc on the shoulders and knees. The fluoroscent light makes them a lit lighter in colour. Will have to do some test photoes in natural light to see if they need more work.

Now, as you can see, there is LOST of little bits needed to be done, but as of now, I have EVERY piece for this costume, save for the ammo belt. I should have that in hand by the end of this month, and if all goes well, there will be first troop pics with this Fett...

Would love to get work on them, but I did have a strange feeling as we took these pictures, and sure enough, I have fever of over 38 degrees on Celcius...
Need to rest, but I think SOME work could be done...

If there is anything that needs to be corrected, just shoot and I'll dodge. I am going for this summer for this to be finished, and early fall for the very last..

Might bring a tear or two, if I get this accepted.. Been a VERY long road to get this far, and I hope the road goes on.

Thanks, Ville

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Gav!

Little work done...

I took advantage on the fact that my mother is at cottage for a while, and took everything to her place, and laid the parts to the ground, just to see if I am missing any work.

534550_4046224510129_2003231921_n.jpg

I stitched the wookie braids in place, they will be permanently attached to the vest, but can be removed if necessary.

534550_4046224630132_369924377_n.jpg

I took some foam to fill in the side pockets and flightsuit pockets, I also sewed some elastic band to the flightsuit legs, so that they will be secure in the shoes.

Same elastic band is for the knees, but I have not yet glued it on to the knees.

534550_4046224750135_129201948_n.jpg

I weathered the Ankle Spats and Side Pouches by just rubbing them on wet ground until they were dirty enough. I then stitched the Spats to the shoes so they will not move around.

The Shoe Spikes were dirtied with wood stain, I do not know if this is perfect, but we will see after it has dried..

No picture of it, but I did manage to fit every single item on this costume to my Storage / Transport container! No worries on how the items are moved for a troop, and everything is secure in place...

I'll post pics of it when I get all pieces done.

Just now I need to figure out how to secure the gauntlets on my forearms. As it is, there is few super strong magnets on them, but when I twist my arm, the left gauntlet pops open. Need to figure out how to stop that from happening..

Thanks!

Getting ready for troopings!

My transport crate has been completed, save from some attractive paintjob.

553395_4087369458727_744748358_n.jpg

Here are the two bottom crates, bolted together. They can be separated if need be, but when together, they work VERY nicely...

553395_4087369578730_1540032289_n.jpg

Upon opening the top crate, the blaster is revealed. It needs to be 'broken' for transit, and I am working on a secure means of attaching it together for troopings.

553395_4087369698733_1172696369_n.jpg

Under the blaster, the Jetpack is housed. It too, needs to be 'broken' for transit.

553395_4087369818736_574945584_n.jpg

In the bottom crate, nearly all of the Boba suit pieces are stored. It is funny how you can fit nearly everything inside the back armour...

553395_4087369898738_1728496842_n.jpg

The top container looks a bit weird, but there are reasons for the odd placement. One can see it better as the pieces are in. The padding was drying and therefore the items could not be inside the container as of yet... I will post pics when they are in...

524471_4087398659457_2127671070_n.jpg

The top container is attached to the bottom ones with wing nuts. They were originally the same sized bolts that are in the Jetpack, but as the opening of them with the Jetpack Adjustment Tool is a bit slow, I opted for this approach.

524471_4087398739459_2037964180_n.jpg

Here are the things that are waiting for the glue to dry... Well, the blaster is not, that is my scratch built one from few years back. It will not be included with the rest of the suit, I just threw everything in the same place.

On the side, leaning to the crates, is the beer trolley that is used to haul this crate around. They are abdundant here, as folks travel between Helsinki/Turku and Stockholm/Tallin often, and bring home several cases of beer.... It is sturdy and cheap..

Sorry, no pictures of the complete suit, that will be remedied in the upcoming weekend.

Hopefully I can get this approved soon.

Thanks!

I think you might want to get the Flight suit and vest taken in a bit they look a bit to large for you.

I think you might want to get the Flight suit and vest taken in a bit they look a bit to large for you.

Heh, you are not the first to say that...

The flighsuit seems to be a tad too large, but that is becauses the elastic bands are missing from the Kindey/Cod piece and the Knees on those photos. Once those are in place, the flightsuit fits nicely. The Flak Vest, however seems to have a bit too much on it. It was ordered from Bobamakler, as was the Flightsuit, but I guess I have lost some weight after ordering them... Oh well, nothing a safety pin or reallinged velcro cannot remedy...

Been a while from the last update, some work has been done on my costume, and I have, actually trooped in it, with a borrowed helmet.

Although I intially had my costume with me for test fitting and such, I was asked to replace a trooper who was sick, and when opportunity knocks, who am I to deny it...

Had a blast trooping on a kid's fare, got even a hug from a young girl, just as I got outside... And, on the ourside, the sun was blazing, and the temperature hit nearly +30 on the centigrade... Yes, VERY hot.... I could have boiled an egg on my helmet...

Still, with the sole missing piece on my costume is the helmet, which I DO have, but have not dared to start painting, there is a big troop coming around in two weeks....

I finally received a airbrush box from the seller in Germany (they had inventory problems, and the package was labeled wrong, and the coriouer
could not deliver it tom me, and the said box was whipped back to Germany, at least once, before I could interviene and get the shipping details correct...).

With the box, Welshwarrior's tutorials, paints, I was out of excuses, and set to work....

As the Sembalot event is closing in, just about two weeks, little less, I have been franticly working on my Fett helmet for the last two weeks in order to get my costume approved in time.

Here is my helmet as of yesterday morning. I have done some additional paintjobs, but more or less, it is the same.

551581_4296352283167_2078378194_n.jpg

I have used the Welshwarrior's youtube tutorials with Humbrol colours on this, and while it was surprisingly easy job, I am not totally happy with this as of now, but let us see what it looks like when completely finished

The pic is taken with flash, about one meter away, that is why the red jumps up. I do mean to tone it down, just as soon as the details are paited topically on.

After all details, weathering and such, I will bag this up one more time and let loose with the airbrush, hopefully in Friday morning.

After that, the pics for approval will be taken...

Cheers, Ville

Hello everyone!

With few year's intentions to join the 501st. Legion, I finally made it.

I began the work on RotJ SE Boba Fett early on, as there was no Fetts in Finland at the time. And, who am I to blame for choosing this character anyway... It was my intention early on, to get in with Fett, and with nothing else.

I actually began the build over 6 years ago, but had to put it aside, for I was making three Ghostbusters outfits at the same time, and one project had to go... Year and a half ago, I made contact with the local Garrison, and with their contacts and aid, got the project rolling again.

Funny as it is, just as I got the order for soft parts from Bobamaker, I was informed that one retiring builder is selling his wares in Stockholm, and as the Scifi-Expo was looming in, and there were Ghostbusters mr Staypuft animator Billy Bryant there, all things just falled in to place. I got most of the other items for my Fett from Stockholm, save for the jetpack. And, the deal was all too sweat.. I picked up the gear as I attended the Expo, and saved huge amount in shipping..

At the same time, on the UK front, RS Propstudios were making their Jetpacks with full paint job, and as I did not have space to paint the jetpack at the time, I went for this deal, and for the money, I could not be happier.

Late in the spring, I suffered a work related injury, and as I could do little else, I began to paint the armour parts, leaving the helmet fot later date.

I had a deadline for my fett, and that was for Sembalot event in this fall, just two weeks ago... Needless to say, I needed to finnish of my costume, and get approved...

I ordered an airbrush cabinet so I could paint at home, and with Welshwarrior's tutorials I finished off my helmet in two weeks, from prep work to finishing touches... Needless to say, that I did little else during that time... As soon as one layer of paint was dry, steel wool and another layer...

By the way, save for the jetpack, I did all the paint work myself, using airbrush. And, it was the very first time I had EVER used airbrush before...

A week before Sembalot event, I finished my work, now it was time to send pictures for approval. In our local Garrison we have very talented photographer, who agreed to take my approval pics for me.

Thank you, Johnnie Saares, VERY much on these.

Here are the approval pictures I sent to out GML;

540126_4319525062472_1218414847_n.jpg

540126_4319525102473_583077282_n.jpg

540126_4319525182475_1656408677_n.jpg

540126_4319525222476_689467751_n.jpg

540126_4319525022471_729839352_n.jpg

With them, I was approved, and received the word of it in Friday, at 23.30. My first troop was to be at Saturday 12.00... Talk about close call... The flightsuit could add more weathering, Bobamaker's weathering has been washed away during the build... Need to do that before next troop, no one wants a clean Boba around..

And some action photos taken at the same time. Johnnie's garage makes a great place for photoshoots..

223052_4319527942544_467498817_n.jpg

223052_4319527982545_1875141688_n.jpg

377695_4319532622661_1598297269_n.jpg

545811_4342640840352_1571605511_n.jpg

545811_4342640920354_1761650071_n.jpg

545811_4342640960355_816267335_n.jpg

545811_4342641040357_429843736_n.jpg

All photos are copyright by Johnnie Saares Photography, used here with his permission.

In the last year, I have been active with our local Garrison, and I do owe them all big thank you, for their support and help. Without them all, this project would still be in the boxes...

Glad to join in the ranks, see you in the field!

BH-11380 signing out..

Cheers, Ville

Congrats! One of the new 5 digit 501st numbers I see. By the time I'm done they'll be up to 6 or 7 digits! LOL! It's all looking good man. I especially like your action shots as well as the neutral yet cool background on your approval shots. Good location for sure!

By the way, are you now officially the first Fett in Finland?

Thanks!

RafalFett, without your stencils, this would not happen, Thank you very much on that regard.

RKD, thanks to you too, working with your armour was easy, and instructive. I felt like a fool after I got the armour painted, for I had been worried about it, and scared shittless about starting to paint it... In the end, it was all too easy...

I now have another two Fett related projects to finnish, my Boba Eeyore, which is missing a helmet paint job, and a Pre Pro Boba Fett, which will be both canon and custom, you shall see what I have in mind...

And no, I am not the first Fett in Finland. There is actually three Boba Fett's here.

One RotJ SE is owned by a local shop that sells gizmoes and what not things that you want on your desktop, but that one is not nearly 501st grade. It lacks many details, but has been used to promote the store, so I count it as the first (though unofficial).

The second is Frenzy's ESB Fett, which is the first officially approved Fett in Finland (Teemu had his Fett approved in the spring).

I am the third, with my RotJ SE. In that regard I am first in Finland, as there is no other complete RotJ SE Fetts here.

The local garrison here has been blessed with new characters this year. We now have two Fett's (where as we previously had none), Battlefield Amidala, Jar Jar Binks, Sandy, Snowtrooper, Dengar, TIE pilot, Starkiller, to name but a few... And five new supports, and few other costumes out from the box and in the works...

Thank you TDH for making this true. I could not be happier.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back