Where to start?

Jc27

Well-Known Hunter
Preferred Vendor
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
I would like to start getting parts but i am unsure what which part would be a good starting point.
I am thinking the bucket would be a good start. From reading the posts fettpride and bobamaker make good ones, but my question is are both 501st approved? And are stencils for painting the helmet or do people just copy off of pics? I know a few people that do good quality air brush work so I would like to be able to have them do it to save some money.

RafalFett's templates are some of the vest and most accurate on here his work is amazing. Just check scaling and print off transfer onto carbon paper and paint by numbers. Its pretty straight forward you just need some patience! Just get a cheap hasbro to practice on. Dont pay someone to do it for you. Painting it is half the fun! Good luck!

Just an FYI....there is no maker that is "501st approved". Both of those listed are very good makers and the amount of work you need to do to make them look good will be much less than some others. The key to getting approved by the 501st is putting together a kit that fits YOU. You could buy a costume from an approved 501st member who trooped in it yesterday, and it not be approved for you.

Like I said those makers make excellent products that will look great. Make sure that what ever you purchase fits you and your body size and shape. Those will be the keys for approval.

BH4930.....

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back