Need a larger helmet

Terrell78

Hunter
I just got an Asok helmet this week. Problem is I can't get it on, the cheeks of the helmet catch me on the brow. It's the same problem I have with almost all clone helmets as well. I wear a 7 5/8 hat but my I need a helmet that is a bit longer front to back or larger overall. Any suggestions to something that is still available?

Thanks

Almost all helmets will do this most have to put it on and give it a bit of a twist to get it down, though if you can find a FPH there aparently one of the largest that was made,

I tried putting it on sideways before I posted, I'm used to putting buckets on that way since I troop as a stormtrooper about 90% of the time.

If I read right Grifter has the FPH mold but I can't find a peep about him making any. Do they pop up second hand often, or is there another over sized helmet I should be looking at?

Hey Terrell! I was worried about the same thing. I know theres some work in the MR helmets (Left) with the visor but this comparison on SW Helmets sold me. He shows a comparison with the MSH and they look nearly identical...

mr-protbobacomp07b.gif

Don't know if you've found a suitable bucket yet or not but here's what little info I can offer. I hunted to find the largest one I could find for my ginormous melon but was also under time restraints at the time. I was told FP and BM were the two largest (this was a few years ago before the GMH) and eventually I went with the BM helmet. It fits...but barely. To get it on I have to place the bottom of the mandibles against my chin so that the cheeks are in my temples and then roll the helmet back to get it on. Works well enough but it would be nice to have a helmet that I could just plunk on easily. Maybe when I can afford a second bucket I'll try a GMH.

Hope this helps.

When you are looking for a helmet u should measure your head just above your ears this helped me alot when looking for a lid myself, I to have a large melon I wear a size 8' hat lol.

Chris

My BM lid goes on sideways and then I have to twist it round to face front. Same with my stormie lid. Not such a big deal IMO.

I can just get my Asok helmet on now after some considerable grinding on the inside of the helmet. Looks like I'll be needing a fiberglass helmet to do the trick.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back