Webly & Scott no;1 flare pistol

jakefox24

Active Hunter
If anyone is interested if you go on a site called GunStar you will find they have a few pistols on sale here if you want to aquire the real thing (just bought one myself)

Pretty cool site. Im gonna bookmark it. I eventually want a real webley so my Fett rifle can be 100% authentic hehe :) thaanks for posting!

Here is a little on the flare pistol i found on wikipidia,,Webley & Scott flare pistols

No.1 Mk 1 Flare Pistol on display at the National Firearms Museum

1918 MkIII flare pistol
Webley & Scott produced a number of single-shot, break open signal flare gun devices used by Commonwealth Military Forces during the First and Second World Wars. Perhaps the most prolific of these was the No.1 MkIII, produced in 1918 at the company's Birmingham facility. A variant, differing only in its use of black plastic grip panels instead of the earlier wood, was produced by Colonial Sugar Refinery in Sydney, Australia in 1942. The pistols can often be seen in films, notably Lawrence of Arabia, where the title character discharges one to signal the beginning of an attack on a disabled enemy train, and The Empire Strikes Back where bounty hunter Boba Fett is seen carrying one as a rifle.

The ones with the pistol grip and short barrel come up fairly often.
The one I would like is the full stock and long barrel which are as rare as rocking horse poop.
I might need to start hanging out at firearms sales.

Craig

Hi intwenothor it's a mk1 no;III brass pistol body is rounder and barrel shorter , but not a prob as using for rotj version so will extend barrel and as brass can easily mod the body . Still gives the real feel though .

No mate Dated 1917 , was used to start the over the top in the trenches hence no stock as was worn like a side arm.

1339774677857.jpg

1339774666419.jpg

These old flare guns are beautiful. It's easy for me to get distracted with this stuff.

I was referring to this one before which is a Webley Mk 3 No 1 from 1940. It's really close.

webleyandscottno3mark1.gif

But not as close as this one which is the Mk 2 No 1 from 1918.

Webley-Webley-and-Scott-No-2-mk1-.gif

Agreed , sleeve the barrel add stock would be hard to tell the difference. The no;1 mk 1 is rocking horse doo doo as was mainly used by the RAF and as we know planes and airfields where far and few between , so if you find one hold on tight to it !!

webflare.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And hey Intwenothor this is the sarlacc general discussion , and is an interesting subject . Perhaps we should post some pics of original guns , rifles ,sub machine guns and their convertions ???

Agreed , sleeve the barrel add stock would be hard to tell the difference. The no;1 mk 1 is rocking horse doo doo as was mainly used by the RAF and as we know planes and airfields where far and few between , so if you find one hold on tight to it !!

I will if I find one.

I have seen a Webley revolver that shares the same shoulder stock setup as the No 1 Mk 1. It's a Webley MK 6 revolver and features the stock setup as well as a wicked looking bayonet attachment. The No 1 Mk 1 is based on a Webley Revolver and rushed into servie for 1914 - 18 so the two items would most likely be interchangeable. However, to my knowledge I don't think that the Revolver was ever issued with a stock so it may just be experimentation.

The No 1 Mk 1 flare gun may have later been used by the RAF but not in 1916 they wouldn't have been. The RAF did not exist until 1918 and was created by merging the Roal Flying Corps and the Royal Naval Air Service. It is my understanding that the No 1 Mk 1 was used primarily by the Royal Flying Corps.

61696-1887-1963-pair-original-military-issue-grips-webley-bench-mark-plus-crown-number-genuine-grips-these-wooden.jpg

1887–1963
A pair of original military issue grips for the Webley. Bench mark plus crown & number. Genuine grips these are wooden.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back