Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy)

Ok so here is a list of everything that I have bought for this:

Hasbro EE-3 blaster $10 on sale walmart
1-1.5 PVC pipe cut to 8' $3 (Home depot)
13 T-tracks bought from (Marv of RS Prop master)$40 shipped
D bracket (ebay) $20
4x20 scope (ebay) $10 shipped
Woodman Stock $45 shipped
stock geebles custom made $2
Glue and paint $20

so total I would say about $150 was spent on this so not bad I do say so myself:lol:

Chris

So managed to pretty much finsh this bad boy up, still have a little bit of some dry brushing to do and a few touch up's here and there and still have to seal it up with a satin finish (will be doing that tomorrow) I will be calling it a day on this. It was great working on this and I hope I was able to help other people who cant really afford to buy one of the better kits out there with something that is just as good. Thanks for all the support guys and gals if anyone is going to take on the task of doing this build (not calling it a mod anymore because it pretty much is building a hole blaster lol) please fill free to shoot me a PM I'm more then willing to help any way I can.:cheers Ok then on to the pictures

Here's what we started off with.

9a13a5d5.gif

and here it is with a little sugar, spice and everything nice :)

f9198868.jpg

8a435471.jpg

9d80dd9b.jpg

Thanks again to everyone who provided parts to help me complete this had a great time doing it. Also would like to know how my blaster compairs to other ones out there. Thanks again

Chris

Holy frak! That is amazing. Spot on with the paint job too! Going to do this build after my vacation. Thanks for posting all the info:cheers

I dunno seems like you made a smaller blaster a little bigger, Id like to see it next to an actual full size replica, the main body is smaller I know for sure as I have one of these for my wifes Female Boba...Id say to get some replica scope rings as you used the ones that came with the scope you got...I feel like for a little more $$ you could have gotten a Replica kit and had a full sized Semi accurate blaster though this works and Im sure you enjoyed building it your just going to want to upgrade it in the future basically wasting time and money

Fett 4 real- well sorry ur not a fan of it brother. It is much bigger then it looks, when building this I made sure to get it to scale the best I could (used templets from here) and measurement from TK-409. And as far as saving a few more $$ and buying a better blaster this was put together over 2 months not all at once, and as stated in the first post with a new baby coming in a few weeks I couldn't just bump $300 on a kit (prioritys brother).:D

Chris

Dont be sorry, I merely am suggesting that in the future you wait for something thats going to be the last one you buy or last you for a long time. Its not meant as an insult to you, just a suggestion to save your $ if all you had in the budget was $140 then save that $140 toward a kit or some seconds casts from a member here or whatever you can find in the cargo hold stuff is in there all the time...greeblies and such. Your building for 501st legion approval, the CRL says this blaster IS NOT approvable...this is not made from an EE3, or EE3 replica. I want you to have the best possible Fett you can have, And i feel like you could have gone a different route with this is all.

Hey brother no worrie's at all lol. I was planing on getting a better one later down the road (because we all know when u think your done better stuff comes out haha. Thanks for the input ( got to take the good with the bad it only makes us better. :cheers

Chris

Nice job!! I like the modifications. It looks like it was fun to put together vs just getting one to show up on your doorstep via ups. Even when you can afford an authentic blaster I'm sure you will still have a lot of pride in this one. IMHO.

Great job on this build!

Keep in mind that 99.9% of the people in this world will never know the measurements of an EE3. On top of that, most fans will recognize it and never even think twice hat it is a little small because they have never actually seen it in person.

While some people want everything to perfectly screen accurate, I think it is perfectly acceptable for fans to build their suits any way they please. I have hij standards for my suit and at first glance if I saw a Fett holding thus blaster... I would think twice. The paint takes it up to another level with the weathering. If you simply sprayed a has to black and called it a day, that would be cutting corners in my opinion.

Enjoy the blaster and goof work!

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I do have a gripe... Here did all your pictures go!

Try uploading the links to the forum rather than posting the links in the posts. That will cut down on traffic to photobucket.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back