Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy)

Army

Hunter
How's everyone doing? Ok so with having a baby coming this next month I'm really pushing to finish up the last little touches of my Fett "This being the EE-3" I was hoping to get one of the better kits out there but have to start getting things ready if you know what I mean. So I was thinking to myself why not just get the hasbro, now when I first thought about doing this thing I thought " it's just gonna take way to much for this thing to look good enough to take out" and with the money I've spent on my suit this in my eyes is one of the main points of the Fett. So then I decided "hey with the things I have laying around and a few bucks more I could turn this into a half way decent blaster but its gonna take alot of work". The creative juices started flowing and some really great idea's came to mind, so yes my friends it is on! This will be a full mod not one where I will just be extending the barrel and making a bigger longer stock but gonna rework the hole thing over. Here is a list of what I will be doing.

-Doing a all new barrel with new T-Tracks

-Removing the scope and adding the proper on

-Making the base of the blaster wider for an overall bigger look

-Putting on a proper size bracket and handle

-Filling in all seam lines and covering all screws that are not to be seen

Ok then on to the pic"s

The choping block
c0450b4c.jpg
[/IMG]
here I just want to cut the hole thing down so that I could start reworking everything

the first thing I did was do a little sanding to the trigger to give it a better look and fill
f36d2b48.jpg
[/IMG]
came out pretty nice I thinks :D

after that I decided to go ahead and start working on the barrel. I picked up a piece of PVC pipe 1-1.5 I do believe and cut it to 8'
952a8767.jpg
[/IMG]
I then covered up the ends and added the (orange tip to it- sorry can't remember what its called off the top of my head)

c1ff92aa.jpg
[/IMG]
Still needing to order my T-Tracks so this part is on hold for the time being:D

Next I moved on to the part in between the but of the gun and the barrel, here just working on filling in seam lines. I was thinking about adding a piece of sheet styrene to make it abit wider but opted not to because it would make to barrel way to small.
439ca822.jpg
[/IMG]
A little putty?

ca95ed42.jpg
[/IMG]
didnt take a pic of the sanded piece but you get the picture

After that is all sanded down I worked on covering up the ends of each side
cd63d7ca.jpg
[/IMG]
This was done because when cutting this piece away from the barrel there was a big hole and the PVC piping had nothing to connect to.

Next I moved on to the but of the gun " if anyone wants to chime in and give me the correct tirm for this please do (fill like I'm starting to sound like a retard lol!)"
095265ca.jpg
[/IMG]
So then I removed the detail on the side (that just wont do, gonna redo them)

Also removed the back part of the main part " WOW did that not make any sence to anyone else haha"
31a365e3.jpg
[/IMG]
After looking a pic's of the Master replica I noticed that it was a bit rounder not just flat, so gonna rework that also

Just got a new piece in the mail :D
be4ec554.jpg
[/IMG]
My new bracket based off the Webley, also just ordered my stock from Woodman so when that gets here I will be able to start working on that.

This is gonna be a slow process but I think with a little time and determination I think it will turn out to be a pretty good looking blaster. I will keep updating as things go a long and I hope anyone else out there that is looking for a blaster but is in the same boat as myself, I hope this helps.

Chris

Wow Chris.

I made a couple of Hasbros into more realistic looking guns just using paint but you're really going all-out aren't you?
Are you trying to mod it so that it comes up to normal scale or are you just making the pieces more accurate to the prop?

Good luck with it anyhow, you're obviously handy and determined. Should be a good build.

Chris- I've been thinking about to doing this exact thing. I'll be following this for sure. Can't wait to see how it turns out!
Are you planning on tossing the electronics or keeping them?
When we all get done with our Fett builds, we should meet up at the Alamo for a pic session... :)

yep i will be following too, half way through mine whilst doing my gaunts, but the gaunts take priority at the monent, cant wait to see more.

Ok guys and gals been truckin away at this bad boy. I got alot done so far. To this point I managed to get the back part of the blaster glued to the D bracket ( this was not one of my brighter moments) when doing this I wanted to add more weight to it so I lined the back part of the D bracket with a strip of sheet styrine so that I could fill in the handle of the gun I used 5 min epoxy well for some reason I didn't mix the epoxy together before I applyed it well needless to say it was a mess haha!! Managed to get it all cleaned out and did it right the 2nd time.

cd4e51f7.gif

- - - Updated - - -

With that done I was able to move on to making the piece that covers the trigger.

6b2571c4.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Also recieved a few items from a few different places (members, the bay, ect...)

89cbd9af.gif

now one thing I'm kind of at a lose about is the overall barrel of the EE-3 the member that I ordered my T-tracks from informed me when ordering them that his MR EE-3 the barrel is I think he said 9 1/2 inchs long? Well I have been following TK409's measurements and those being the barrel at 8' so not to sure who is right but to late to turn back now.

- - - Updated - - -

The scope is also just a cheap one I got off ebay for $10.

The last pic is just a test run of everything set side by side to see how its looking the T-tracks still need to be cut down. But overall very pleased with how its looking so far.

17d38a29.gif

Thanks for looking and will be adding more pic's soon just managed to put the other part of the handle on today so I should have a few more shots of it up here in the next day or to.

Chris

WOW! i'll be checking in on this one. :) I've volunteered to repaint a Hasbro for my 6 year old nephew for his Fett costume. I'm particularly interested in the paint job. Good work! Keep at it. Congrats on the baby on the way! :D

Ok so I've pretty much got it all put together minus a few things but getting close to laying some paint on this bad boy. Enjoy

Chris

8cd00d75.jpg

1825a212.jpg

a4a0d751.gif

sorry for the bad pic's ;)

Chris, Awesome job! Can't wait to see it painted up with the stock attached. I'm thinking of trying this for and ESB. Keep up the good work.

Thanks guys means alot, just laid down some primer on the blaster the only thing I need now is the stock (which should be here soon) and then hopefully will be able to finish this bad boy up so I can move on to other things haha.

Chris

It's been a min since I have posted anything on this (had to wait on the stock to arive) but managed to get it attach to the rest of the blaster and just now finished priming the hole thing up so here in the next day or two hoping to throw down some black and then on to the weathering. Let me know what you think(y) (n)

e7b8b68a.gif

7874a775.jpg
[/IMG]

2400709e.gif

thanks for looking

Chris

Wow! Do you mind posting where & who you bought all the parts from to make this? Or maybe in a PM? Going to do the same mod & really like your tutorial!

Haha I guess you do have a point at this stage it really has gone beyond the point of a mod. I was just wanting to show that u could save a few buck by doing it up yourself thats all.

Chris

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah sure thing I would have no problem showing all the parts and the makers,places that I got all the stuff to do this. Will get that up for people in the next day.(y)

Chris

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back