MB jet pack questions

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
I have an old style MB pack, and you look like you're off to a great start on a LONG project.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay...I have some new pics.

First, I wasn't that happy with the fins on the rocket and one of them was broken when it arrived, so I snapped them off, cut grooves and added these...I was also insired by the recent posts about the origins of the rocket/grappling hook.
P1010425.png

Second, I attached the lower part of the rocket to the base using plastic plugs and then filling the holes with modeling putty.
P1010426.png

This is an inside view...
P1010427.png

Now...my question is, do I assemble the whole thing and then paint??? What have you guys (and gals) done???

Yep, assemble the thing than paint. If you're going ROTJ style, it's a long process with lots of masking tape to do color by color. ;)

Glue your new rocket base into the PVC pipe, and once you're happy with what's inside your pack, glue the backplate on.

I kept my rocket seperate from the rocket base, like it's own warhead, so it shortens the pack while transporting. I just drilled a hole into the rocket 'launcher' and put a aluminum dowel rod into the 'warhead' and they fit together before I costume.

Is there anywhere where you can buy a kit for the a Fett jet-pack?

*Disclaimer:Just wanted to let everyone know that this is my first message I've ever posted.

EDIT: Go to post #4 to view pic if these arn't working

Sep1703.jpg

Sep1704.jpg

Sep1705.jpg

Sep1706.jpg

I'm not sure the pics will show. This is the first time I've tried using TDH picture hosting.

Pics don't show.
Not sure what the problem might be but you might want to try reloading them to see if that works.
if it still doesn't work after that, try contacting secolfett or you could send them to us and we'll see if we can post them through TDH image hosting.
hope this helps. :)

OK let's try this.......

esbwip.jpg

or cut and paist this link

http://tk0000.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/esbwip.jpg

or click on this link
http://tk0000.tripod.com/fettzero/id1.html

hopefully one of these will work.

This is a WIP. Iv'e got the body pretty much done. I'm holdong of on the final touches and some blending. untill the rocket and thrusters are complete. I've decided to leave the access area open, so I used the stormtrooper helmet trim around the adges of the opening. I shot several pics in different light, but realy none give off the correct color.

Thank you to FP for the custome paint that came with my ESB guantlets. This is the same dome and cheek paint Fettpride used on Bobafettish's helmet wich is a slight tad lighter than Rogue studio's panzier olive.

The little white "decal" is actualy ABS plastic I cut out with a dremel and glued on too give it a 3-D look. It took about 15 minutes to cut out.

Thanks to roguestudio, Fettpride,and motor fish for weather tutorials and sugestions!

And Thanks MB for a good looking kit!

:eek:

That's got to be the bes ESB Pack i've seen thus far !

Great weathering so far Brian !

FP

Glad you figured out how to post your pics. :)

That is definately one the best ESB jet packs we've seen. :eek:
Keep up the great work. (y)

tk0000 wrote:

EDIT: Go to post #4 to view pic if these arn't working

Sep1703.jpg

Sep17

Sep1705.jpg

Sep1706.jpg

I'm not sure the pics will show. This is the first time I've tried using TDH picture hosting.
it was the # betewen the names :)

btw great job :)

Oh boy these next few weeks are going to be fun.
I got my new MB Jet Pack not too long ago, and I immediately started assembling it.

Unfortunately I didn't get any photos of it being trimmed or assembled, but I will start taking progress pics from now on.

I trimmed all the pieces, and glued them together with Plumbers GOOP, using tape to hold the pieces together. As you can see in the photo, I used BONDO Auto Body Filler to fill in all the seams. I will soon sand it down and make it all smoooooth.

jfj_jet pack1.jpg
jfj_jet pack2.jpg

jfj_jet pack3.jpg
jfj_jet pack4.jpg

More progress pics to come soon!

Great start there mate! Alot of bondo tho :p
If you used a Cyanoacrylate super glue, you wouldn't need the tape to hold the seams though!!

I'm currently making a similar ESB kit to yours, but it's not an MB, and I used this to glue the corners and edges to hold the pieces together before I added Epoxy Putty from the inside:

http://www.barringercues.com/incyan1.html

You apply it and then you INSTANTLY spray this on the applied glue:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/autobodymagic/instaset2.html

Honestly...my jaw dropped at the speed and reliability of this glue, simply fantastic!

CHeers,
Bobo

Man I was looking for that stuff, but I had no luck finding it. Did you find it in a store?

By the way, I scrapped the Bondo idea. Actually, it scrapped itself. As I began to sand it, as the plastic flexed the Bondo just popped clean off the styrene. It came off easily so I started using Squadron Putty, which I found at my local hobby shop. It says that it adheres to styrene best, and is easy to sand and leaves a good finish, so I'll try that out.

Yeah, I think you can find it at any hobby store. It's used for hobby parts I believe. I was also told it's used on kites?!?! (I dunno :p) If you can't find it, I'll pick some up for you and you can pay me by paypal for the glue/shipping if you really need it!

Cheers,
Bartek

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back