Jango repairs....

Mullreel

Well-Known Hunter
Well I am doing some Jango repairs today. Re-glue some snaps. I am sewing the clips for my gauntlet hoses to the hoses. I had them taped and I have had three failures of the tape while trooping. It is an easy fix but a pain. I think the Texas heat is just too much for the adhesive on basic tapes.

Also adjusting my jetpack harness, trying to keep it from lowering itself during long troops. I have another harness in the works so I have been trying to not put too much time or effort into this one, but I have another troop coming up Saturday so I need it to work for a while longer.

I am also thinking about attaching some snaps to the jumpsuit for the knees to keep them from sagging or moving around. They usually look fine in pics but they bug me sometimes because I can feel them moving around down there. I also need to put the fans back in my helmet. Last Saturday was a hot troop, low 90s, and the summer is just getting started.

Anyways, just thought I would blog a bit about Jango.

Fun stuff Mull,

I recently repainted my Arena Jetpack (used to be Aceano's). It was a bugger to sand down but it worked out. I attached an extra set of clips that Seeker sold me since I bought his V3 Harnes (Loving it BTW)! I have bot Jetpacks so this makes them interchangeable so that I can wear either one.

I worked on the metal gaunts that I got from Wickedbeard. I added the hoses and have a problem with them popping out from under the sleave or at least kindo showing the velcro too much. I used a black elastic band wrapped in a 2" wide velcro strip and used a plastic wire-tie to hold the clip onto the hoses. I suppose I really should add pics, eh?

right now, my challenge is to replace my aging bolo belt and find a better way to attach it in the back rather than the lace up I currently use (very time-consuming and requires asssistance while dressing out).

After that, i need some sturdier knee armor!

I have the same issue with the girth belt. It helps when I have someone who had done it before, but when I have a new person helping me lace it up it is tough to explain it to them while they are behind me.

On my hoses I have a 1 inch nylon strap sewn into the flightsuit with a parachute clip on the end. The repair I just did was to actually sew the hoses together, and then sew the male end of the parachute clip onto them. My thinking is that the thread should be much more durable than the electrical tape I was using. The tape held the clip decently, but it couldn't take the repeated heat and movement. The thread should solve that.

As far as the hoses slipping out, I have not had that problem since I got the length right for the strap in the flight suit. I had to adjust it a couple of times on the first troops I did, but now they stay in great.

speaking of pics I know I post some of my set up before but I can't find them right now.

you know I have given it some thought, and I like the closure as far as accuracy, and appearance. The issue just comes yo when trying to dress. I had thought about putting three parachute clips (top, middle and bottom) with nylon strap running around the waist. Then just adjusting it to length. The appearance would be the same once the cover is moved into place but it would open up completely when putting it on.

I actually don't fully unlace mine when I take it off, I just step into it and pull it up. Then I let some one tighten it up and tie it.

Please don't take this as any slight on the girth belt, I love mine. It is just a thought on making it easier to dress.

I actually don't fully unlace mine when I take it off, I just step into it and pull it up. Then I let some one tighten it up and tie it.

Please don't take this as any slight on the girth belt, I love mine. It is just a thought on making it easier to dress.
Ditto and quoted for emphasis (QFE). I like the accuracy but mine is hard to slip on and then I have to depend on someone to tie it. My Jango is not a self dress costume. My Belt is a Cruzer V4 and I was going to mod it by adding a flat piece of leather over the bolo belt that would over lap and velcro to another identical piece on the other side. Sort of like the ammo belt attaches.

However, checking things out on my armor I JUST FOUND A CRACK in my codpiece!!! dang. Anyone selling a codpiece??

Here are pics of front and back cruzer holster rigs:

cruzer-front.jpg

cruzer-back.jpg

You can see video on my FB page of the jetpack: https://www.facebook.com/ocasio.cruz?ref=tn_tnmn

I isually use JB Quil Weld to fix broken parts but if it needs to be sanded, then just use FG Resin. That's what I'm going to have to do with my cracked codpiece. Anyone else?

Hey TLobe, can you PM me a price for a new Bolo?

Thanks mull and thrax... I might try that sometime to see if it will work :) I too would like to dress easier, so I might pursue this.

I am fully open to suggestions on the KNEES issue!! Like Mullreel, I was thinking about a snap or two; same with the shins. Anyone have better fixes???

what kind of elastic are you using? i use non-roll elastic and sagging knees are a non-issue. just keep in mind when you cut it that one inch relaxed is about two inches stretched.

belt - the lacing was something i was worried about since i got the girth. how difficult would it be to lace up, would the stress cut the leather, etc. i wrapped the belt around me and had a friend measure the space in between, then i cut a rectangular piece of leather that could span the gap, drilled three holes on either end then took some 5/8" chicago screws and shoved the shank end through from the back and then the screws go in from the top. at that point i am bolted into my costume, all that's left is to pull the cover into place over the gap.

@thrax did your thigh pieces spin upside down like that when you took your pictures?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nasty, could you send me some pics of your belt rig? Thx. I Do you still need help getting suited up with your bolo with that setup?

OK...........did some Jango maintenance today. Reglued some snaps, and made some adjustments.

I decided to cut off the wings on the cod. I think I already like it better even with out trooping it yet. I had seen Seeker's method of cutting them off before and talked to some people about it, so today I decided to get out the dremel and dive in. It feels better already. I also attached snaps to my new Seeker harness so that I can snap the jet pack harness to the belt rig. I ended up giving myself two options for how to snap it together. One set of snaps is on the leather belt, and the other is on the cod itself. I will try out both on some troops to see how the feel.

I made some new knee straps today too. The last troop I was on one of my straps broke and the spare straps I had did not fit my cold cast knees, luckily I am neurotic and had a set of Wickedbeard knees with me......so I trooped with those.

I also picked up an extra set of resin westars the other day, and I assembled them and have them ready for some R+B.

Now I need some time to get out on a troop and try out my adjustments.

The Westars arrived??? AWESOME!! Would love to see what you do with them!!

In regards to "rigs," I simply have two 2.5" nylon straps Chicago Screwed to the backside of my cod (which is attached to a nylon underbelt for the holsters) then each strap runs up over each of my shoulders the out my vest & back armor, then clipping into my jetpack. It is similar to SEEKER's, just withour the full vest assembly. Works GREAT!! It helps to keep the cod, holsters and thighs from slipping down.

What can be done to strengthen the sides of the knees??? I assembled them with 5min epoxy. Repaired with JBWeld. Repaired with plastic strips and CA Gel. I am at a LOSS!! Do I just pile on a load of fiberglass?????

Jason

Jason

I thought I sent a PM that they arrived..........we were on vacation last week so they arrived and sat on the front porch for a couple of days till we got home. I have them ready to assemble......I drilled a hole in the handle under where the triggers will go and ran a screw through there to hold the barrel on, then I drilled the blaster tips with a 1 inch drill bit so that I can insert the barrels into the cones. Then I sanded everything down smooth, and put a coat of silver/aluminum paint on everything so that it is ready for a coat of R+B. I have to go pick up my kids in a minute and then I hope to work on them some more before bed time.

I have been up for about 36 hrs now, so I don't want to be doing detail work, but R+B should be fine.

On the knees, I am not sure what to suggest. I have not had that problem of them actually cracking or breaking, The wickedbeard knees flex quite a bit so the don't crack. The CC knees that I have.....have not given me that problem yet.

IMG_1233.JPGHelpful thread, I am working on my armor snaps today and the ammo belt. I just ordered more leather in, but they sent wrong the size. Here is the back of my girth, photo taken two minutes ago, it attaches pretty securely. I am also going to attach velcro to the knees to keep them from sliding around.

Is your girth going to be approvable with the buckles in the back? I have no idea what the 501st require on the back. The accurate way is with a lace up back and then with a leather cover slid into place over the top.

501st Legion: Vader's Fist

It doesn't require the lace in the CRL but it does say that it has to be covered. I have thought about trying to make mine easier to get into, the lace up is a bit difficult and requires assistance to dress.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back