Shedding "Light" on a great Member

Shackman, can you pm me or reply as to how much your lights are? They look awesome and I'd like to get a set.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had so many e-mails in the last couple of days, I'll just go ahead and post here.

The price for the lights has been $105, shipping included. Howere, I only ordered a limited batch of circuit boards last time, and only have *maybe* 6 left. Add the fact that a couple of other chest light options are now becoming available, and you get a reduced interest in the *old* model. ;)

So, I'm thinking that if anyone's interested in these remaining boards, I'd let them go for $90, shipping included in the US. Overseas will just be another couple of dollars. Again, I only have about 1/2-dozen boards left, so it's not like I'm talking about some great sale. The way I figure it, if someone's on-the-fence about getting one, this may help ... and at the same time, help me get rid of the last boards. As I've done in the past, I can order more boards if needed in the future, but there'd have to be enough damnd to justify it.

What do y'all think?

ATM
ShackMan

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys, I am jumping on the bandwagon that Brak's started. I would like to let everyone who doesn't already know about Shackman that he is a great guy.

Recently I painted a Vader helmet for Shack in trade for a set of his Boba Fett chest lights. It was a great process all the way through. He had an request that I try to finish the helmet up early so that he could take it to a con and stir up some business for me. But because I tried something new and it didn't work I couldn't meet the early deadline but he was ok with that. He responded to every update I sent him and answered any questions I had quickly. He never rushed me even though he sent me his prized piece on blind faith.

All in all he is a great guy with a great personality.

I recieved his chest lights today and they are great. He had to work double hard to find a supplier with enough lights for the set but he got it done and finished them quickly. They are super bright even on the weak battery I tested them with. All the led's and other electronic stuff is tightly secured and seems like it could hold up to the rigors of costuming. They were rapped tightly with extra padding to keep them from getting shaken in the box and also sealed in a zip lock baggie to keep out the fuzz a dust (or to keep it lemony fresh).

Great transaction with a great guy. I have a new buddie on the forum, a happy customer and an awesome new piece to my Fett. All this inside of a month.

You can read his review of me here:
http://rpf.prop-planet.com/viewtopic.php?topic=70045&forum=1

Thanks for the kind review, and agreed, it was a great transaction. I only wish I could be as good with my words as you were (in the review) ... as my girlfriend says, sometimes the good things I mean to say don't quite make it out of my mouth right. ;)

Glad you liked the lights! You mention the durability ... someone else recently posted that he fell into a river and they survived. I said I wouldn't advertise them as water-proof (no way), but I'm pleasantly surprised that they were as durable as they are. :) But for everyone else, PLEASE don't try that at home! ;)

Anyway, if anyone else needs a voucher for TK-Fett's painting abilities, I'd be glad to volunteer. Oh, not that that's what this post was originally about. :p

ATM
ShackMan

"Shack", as for the lights, I would say that at least they are "rain-resistant". ;) Glad you both had a great experience between the two of you. That's the kind of news I like to hear between a brotherhood.

TK-Fett, PM sent. That's a good recommendation. ;)

Robert

Those lights remain one of the central parts of my costume that everyone who eyes up my stuff likes best........just like the old thread said "The details that make up the suit"....Shack,those lights are indeed awesome :D

Thanks for the kind words. :)

And Robert, maybe I'll consider that one (rain-resistant). Of course,they SHOULD be covered by your armor ... ;)

ATM

I have replaced every single piece of my suit at least once (some things as many as four times now) except for my shackman lights. I bought one of the original sets almost three years ago and they still function as good as the day I got them. Allen's work is top notch in my book.

:)(y)

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back