TK231's ESB Jetpack build

Been following this as I am ordering my MoW jetpack this week. Thanks for the info and the pics, great job!

:cheers

I will be starting on the thrusters tonight/tomorrow, and should have this done by tomorrow night or early Sunday...pics will follow!

thanks!

Ok so i worked on the thrusters. The Darkside metal pieces were just slightly too big.
100_2811.jpg

So i took the barrel attachment to my dremel, making sure the the sanding barrel was a little over the top of the barrel itself like this:
100_2814.jpg

and i then placed it STRAIGHT into the insets for the greeblies and in a circular motion sanded away just enough to fot the metal pieces
100_2812.jpg

100_2815.jpg

If you overdo the area for the notched piece, (i did this on one)it will end up sitting to low in the recess, so you can add a washer in there when you glue it.
100_2818.jpg

It should sit flush like this:
100_2813.jpg

I did the same sanding technique for the side greebs and now we have this:
100_2819.jpg

I also added magnets to the ends like so:
100_2820.jpg

i used gorilla high impact superglue. and for extra security, i put some hot glue around the edges

Inside the pack i added a panel of ABS that i lined up with one of the thrusters by putting a magnet on the inside of it. With the thruster still "attched" by the magnet (its thrusterABS plate, Magnet) I hotglued the plate in place. once that set, i hotglued the magnets on the plate. I used 2 to make sure they had enough pull. you can then remove the thruster. So now they go on nice and easy and can be removed easily for storage/transport. Its kind hard to make heads or tails of it, but heres a pic
100_2826.jpg

I then went back to the thrusters and added the details with some fluid acrylic, and then misted them lightly with the back primer. I went more heavy towards the bottom of the thrusters for the "burn" effect.

I added the metal greebs to the pack and it is now complete, less hooking up the electronics for the beacon and adding the dental file. Andy is checking to see if his wife sent it, cuz i cant seem to find it in the box.

So here she is(the jetpack, not Andy's wife lol):

100_2832.jpg

100_2833.jpg

100_2834.jpg

You did great prep work and an awesome paint job on the jetpack! It looks amazing! Congrats DV for the excellent job and TK231 for being lucky!

You did great prep work and an awesome paint job on the jetpack! It looks amazing! Congrats DV for the excellent job and TK231 for being lucky!

Thanks Raf! Means alot coming from you, i know you know your stuff! Speaking of...i have a question for ya..PM commencing!

Well done DV Andy will be very pleased with that Jet Pack. Man I cannot wait to see what his whole costume looks like assembled!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back