ESB Paintup for apolifka by Deadland

deadland

Well-Known Hunter
Alright Austin has commissioned me to finish up the ESB paint up on his ASOK lid. Austin has already done a lot of the hard work for me by completing the back panels and ears, and I do have to say that he did a great job. Over the past couple of weeks I have been trying to get work done on the mandibles and have made very little progress due to family stuff and starting a new job. However last night I was able to get some more work done and layered the PRR Maroon down.

Below is a pic mid masking of the gray.

DSCN4911.JPG

As life returns to normal I should be able to work on this more so Austin can get his 501st approval and get trooping!!!

Austin did an excellent choice, because Deadland's paints are awesome and I know that he won't be disappointed by this paint job! Can't wait to see the not so far updates!

Alright got the mandibles and trim all finished up and besides adding a few specks here and there I think we are good. Next step will be tracing out the damage on the upper and lower cheeks masking it out and spraying sp lark gray down.

DSCN4915.JPGDSCN4916.JPGDSCN4917.JPGDSCN4919.JPGDSCN4918.JPGDSCN4920.JPG

Alright got the lower and upper cheeks done on this bad boy. Now onto my favorite part the dome as it is what makes Fett Fett. I will post up some picks later.

DSCN4921.JPGDSCN4922.JPGDSCN4923.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
First i want to thank Austin for being patient with me through this paint up. I have had a lot of family stuff going on through this and have not had the time to knock this out like I would have needless to say though we are coming t the end. I took a couple of quick pics before I left for work today to show the progress that has been made on the dome. As it stands we are just about there, I will be working tonight to get the kill stripes stenciled on and hope to have them painted up by tomorrow night. After that it will be touch up and then weathering and then a couple good coats of dulcoat before shipping off. On to the pics.

DSCN5035.JPGDSCN5037.JPGDSCN5038.JPGDSCN5039.JPGDSCN5040.JPGDSCN5041.JPG

Looking great! Sellers and painters, take notes. This guy knows how to be a responsible seller :) . We agreed to a timeline but when it changed he kept me in the loop and updated all the way so I knew the status of my bucket at all times. I knew what to expect and Rob followed through.

Rob, I'll leave the decisions for the decals up to you. The lucksy ones are a little mis-sized for the ears I have and the one already on the left ear doesn't quite fit. If you would like to use them, would you stencil the black F's and dots on the white arc too? Also, I don't know what stencils you use, if any, but what do you think about adding some of the topical weathering from the AOSW exhibit photos? Maybe a mix between the ESB screen bucket and what it looked like years later? Let me know what you think.

Austin

Hey Austin thanks for the props man I know this has taken longer than expected and that I try to treat people in the same fashion that I would like to be treated. So trying to keep you apprised of what was going on is how I expect to be treated so I pass that on to you. I dropped you a PM about the weathering so just let me know.

And as always guys thanks for the complements my work would not be what it is if it was not for this board so props back to all of you!!!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back