Have an ESB Blaster with a little problem

xorex

New Hunter
Hi there,

I bought an ESB blaster a few years back, and it has e few problems with it.

It has air bubbles and holes. I was wondering if these problems can be fixed and if yes, how?

Here are a couple of pics. Where you see the red arrow, all that hole is empty, like a big air bubble or something. Along the top and bottom seem, there are a few holes and air bubbles. On the side there is this hole.

thanks for your help
JS

fett blaster problem 1.jpg

fett blaster problem 2.jpg

fett blaster problem 3.jpg

fett blaster problem 4.jpg

fett blaster problem 5.jpg

Is the blaster resin?

You could get some Bondo or other auto body filler and fill up those holes. Once hardened just use various grits of sandpaper to round out the sides and blend it into the body of the blaster. After you hit it up with some black primer you shouldn't see the gaps any more. Its a straightforward fix if the blaster is resin.

Thanks for the help,

Yes the blaster is resin...Also, on the secong pic, the arrows is pointing at a hole. That whole area is empty. I see how I can fix the problem on the third pic, but how do I fill in that empty space?

thanks for your help
JS

Hi,
As clonecollector said, you may use epoxy filler like this
h_122054.jpg
It's a 2 components dough. You can find it in any store.
When it's dry, it's hard like stone but you can easily sand it with sandpaper (start with 80 grit to 400) to have the good shape

I would stuff something in there like a piece of sponge or steel wool. Just enough to give some support until the bondo hardens. Maybe steel wool would be the best in this case.

Thanks for the help,

Yes the blaster is resin...Also, on the secong pic, the arrows is pointing at a hole. That whole area is empty. I see how I can fix the problem on the third pic, but how do I fill in that empty space?

thanks for your help
JS

I had the same problem with my side arm, I used a two part putty from loctite. This stuff works amazingly well, Ive used it for a bunch of different stuff, repairing cracks, holes, bubbles. I even used it to secure the screws in the top of my aluminum rangefinder stalk. I would highly recommend it. Easily attainable at a walmart or lowes

epxy_putty.png

Ok thanks guys,

A friend of mine said that I could use low presure expanding foam (the king you put around windows), build it up slowly. When it comes close to the edge, he says to finish it off with Bondo.

What do you guys think?

thanks again
JS

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back