Newbie and Girl Fett

Tempest

New Hunter
Oh, how long I've dreamed of being Boba Fett. I know the build will be expensive. My problem is seriously just that, really. I'm fairly dirt poor, so it'll probably take me a while to get the gear together to even fathom having a Fett costume of my own.

I'll be trying for a SE Fett, because I'm a fan of the ESB helmet and ROTJ armor, really. It's how Fett is drawn in practically all the comics, too. However.. my questions for the build itself comes down to just these:

Where do I buy the gear, or should I make it myself?
Should I buy the plates and jetpack, or mold them?
Is it better to just go for a totally non-canon build because I'm a girl (I could probably pull off the normal build, just FYI, save that I'm way too short)?
Can I get gear sectionally? This will help reduce outright costs, though probably raise overall cost..
Should I have the jumpsuit tailored, or just alter a gray Dickies suit?
Is there somewhere specific to buy a GOOD helmet? I'd prefer a pre-painted version, though these are notoriously incorrect. =/
Does anyone have specific tips for paints, materials, decals, etc?
Is it more comfortable to wear padding under the costume itself (I wear a padded suit under my other armor.. but I use it for fighting with foam)?

Thanks in advance. ^_^;

Hi and welcome , To keep down cost have a go at making yourself what you think you can do ( you never know you may have a hidden talent ) .There are plenty of tutorials and blueprints here. If you want to buy there are plenty on here to buy from and most will sell what you need when you need it . Jump suit , i'd say if you are talented enough to adjust have a go and make one ! If not again plenty who will sell . Good luck and enjoy you build Jake

Sounds like youre like me. Im on a serious budget and i'm just going with scratch built all the way. Cheaper but more time consuming. In the long run if you take your time you can make stuff as good as whats sold here and not shell out thousands in the process! Ive made a bucket out of a hasbro voice changer helmet that cost me $30NZ paints etc puts it up to $50 and its looking pretty good so far! Theres heaps of tutorials on making cheap armour out of trash cans etc tht with the right paint job can be very good. At the end of the day its your build and just go with what feels right for you. Good luck and welcome to your new favorite addiction!

Mandalorian Mercs have a lot of female mandos and they can give you great tips on how to make armor for the more "curved" parts of female anatomy lol

Sorry, Fettistics. xD

WOF's templates are available on the forum, yes? ^_^;

Thanks, Armydad. :) And I will, once I even get started.

I can def agree that everyone here is super nice and helpful! I can't help you per say with building armor as I'm not building my first set. I'd be very curious to see how you develop yours. Although since you aren't concerned with feminine curves I think the templates on here would be very useful to you. Lots of people have posted their methods in making "budget armor." I wouldn't worry about your height. Seems like I've seen a couple of short fetts on tdh :) good luck with everything and welcome. Message me if I can help you with anything!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back