running the gauntlets

RobaFett

Hunter
View attachment 60762View attachment 60761hi everyone, just have to ask before i go any further with my gaunts, if there is any things i need to fix, still working on the clam shells by eye, please comment as it is 2nd scratch build but the best of the 2, been following the FP style to get it, i want to get it perfect before i take a mold.
cheers

Looking very nice and very sharp!

Take a look at how FP and MOW detail the bottom of the guants. (the square indentations... they are not "enclosed")

Good luck!

yeah cant afford to buy stuff so it scratch build stuff, cheers hobbit and clone collector, trrying to base it on wrist and forearm size too to fit me, i would like to follow what FP has done with the lower half of the clam shell, might have to look at the MOW one shortly to see the diff.

These are looking great, I also started making my suff cos I didnt want to spend 300 on ahelmet, It can end up being price mold making how ever its sadisfying to build your own,
Yeah study the under side of the real gaunts as there are alot more to them than say the WOF templates has,

View attachment 61148cheers everyone , thanks for your great comments, its been slow with the building but I have done a little more, got to love the foamex, and I have to say thank god for the WOF's templates as I wouldnt have had a hope in hell, have to tried to get the left lower half as close as possible with FP's and MOW's from the pics and even tried many places in the gallery, but a few mods on the lower clam shell to siut me, so that is why I have had been so slow besides working around the block, and James have to talk to you more about moulding and casting with what we have herein Oz, as I looked on the web and there is so many choices with the moulding materials in silicone.
thanks

thanks CC, the lower half was a bugger to get the shape correct, with the heat gun, and then researching to get it as close as possible,that was a slow week in in progress, I know people dont like the hinge thing, but I think its seems it has to be done, that will still be deciding while building the clam shells for the right gaunt.
cheers

Hi Everyone, been busy as per usual, done a few more thingsView attachment 61836,
then was not happy so I changed the left lower clam shell,
View attachment 61837
but it went further was not happy with the top of the left gaunt, so I raised the ridges of the rocket missile mount, and then the right gaunt hose connector and whip cord housing, still going to finish them eventually, but drank a few beers one night and bought a MOW jp and gaunts, no wonder I joined Fetts Anonymous,
View attachment 61838
will try to find time this week end to do more
:cheers

cheers Apolifka, it foamex, pvc primer and cement to bond and just tamiya putty and car putty primer to finish off the detail.:D

View attachment 62381View attachment 62382View attachment 62383Howdy everyone,
not much of an update, this just a small comparison against the mow gaunts which I got last week ( only comparison ), I think may be to small once in the suit, but yet to see, may be thinking of redoing the left gaunt, but in the meen while I will paint up the mow ones and my jp, but time is hard to find, thats why I bought the gaunts and jp, and while trying to build the inside of my house, but everything is gonnadoit thing, you know how things go.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back