Building or buying my Jango Fett.

FutureFett

New Hunter
Greetings everyone.
I am a new member (so to speak) on this site. As my Vader will be finished in the next 2-3 months it's time to look into my last costume desire. Jango Fett.
My situation is this: I have absolutely no talent for painting, weathering etc. Putting togethor my Mando suit and doing all the work nearly drove me to the dudes in white coats.
So I need to do one of two things. Purchase a ready made and ready to go full suit or purchase all of the parts individually but have them painted, weathered and so on so as all I need to do is attatch them to the flightsuit and vest. Either way will be fine with me. I can assemble it, just not prepare it.
I realize that finding a complete suit is difficult and probably rare. Therefore can you direct me to who would sell the pieces I need and have them ready to wear?

Thanks for your help. I look forward to being a full member here very soon.

Depending on where you get parts, who paints them and such- it could be cheaper to buy the costume, again... depending on parts used and who painted those

It depends on your budget, time, and what quality parts you're willing to settle for. Personally, it would have been an adventure to do everything myself from scratch. Looking back--now that I have every component--I could have probably done a lot of it myself--minus the armor pieces. I did make my girth. I could have made my ammo belt. I could have made my holsters. I could have attempted to make a flight suit and flak jacket. I also would have waited another 2-3 weeks before buying that pair of Bedford STUs *grumble*. I don't personally have the equipment and space to work with fiberglass resin. For me, I opted to outsource my parts.

For me though, I wanted the best. If I would have attempted it myself, I wouldn't have been satisfied with the final look. There are many on here who are set up to make the things you want.

Here is my Jango, almost 100% not of myself:

526710_572538832001_157000866_31443292_1338060839_n.jpg

Good luck with your decision. It's a great build.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back