ROTJ helmet

BGHunter

Active Hunter
DSCF3686.JPGDSCF3680.JPGIve been working on this helmet for the last few weeks, in between a few other helmets that Ive been making , as this helmet is being made to fit Commando8 ears, I basicly had to make a whole new helmet as the ears are larger than the ears Ive made for my other helmets, an adding a little extra to the length of the helmet just didnt cut it, so I had to repreportion the whole helmet from the brow line down,

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks really nice. BTW, if you take pics using flash (except with direct and good sunlight), the less blur you get in your pics.

Cheers guys,
thanks Kaane yeah Im not much of a photographer,,
Yeah this one is a totally diffrent helmet from my other new one, had to make a new mold for it an all, just cant ge tthe oics up

Got all the scrapes an scratches and a few coats of silver down

Got some colour down today, few layers of greys and 3 diferent greens,,I think ill go over the main green colour an change it a bit,, how ever it looks nothing like what it does in the pics as the flash totally wash's the colour out, an to the naked eye there isnt as much definition between the greens so, how ever I need to cleen up some of the silver areas,DSCF3715.JPGDSCF3717.JPGDSCF3721.JPGDSCF3723.JPG

I'm always on the lookout for new ROTJ paint threads because that's the only paint scheme I haven't tried yet.

Just curious on one thing: if you're using the Commando 8 ears on this helmet, why put them in place and tape
them off during the paint work? Wouldn't it make it more manageable to leave the ears off since they remain
bare metal (with some weathering)?

Just curious on one thing: if you're using the Commando 8 ears on this helmet, why put them in place and tape
them off during the paint work? Wouldn't it make it more manageable to leave the ears off since they remain
bare metal (with some weathering)?

The original Sandy's were painted with the ears on so you can replicate it using tape on the ears platforms or just leaving the ears on. The sides of the left ear were painted red too.

Ah, OK. That makes sense, but I still think it would be a risk of getting overspray where you don't want it to go.
But that's just me. :)

Am I assuming correctly, that you are layering individual colors to add shading-- like when painting a miniature? Or is there another purpose for layering different shades (of say green)? I did'nt think shading would be an issue with a large object-- like a helmet.

Or are different shades being used to simulate things like: paint oxidation, rust, and small details (like the keyhole)?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back