Say it aint so!!!

I've got a STAR WARS INSIDER magazine that says it is ACTUALLY Boba who dies.

That makes C-3po, Chewbacca, and Luke who're dead in the EU now right? I've seen pics of Luke as a force ghost (I built a Jedi costume around it a coupla years ago for Halloween) but I haven't read the comics about it sonce I find the EU a little difficult to get in too; the only EU I can take iare the Prequels and the CLone Wars serieses.

I read the 1st issue of that "Blood Ties" comic, and I don't think that it's really Boba Fett, but an imposter.

Why? Because in page 2 of the comic, it is clearly listed as, "The events in this story takes place approximately ten years before the battle Of Yavin".

So that means Boba Fett would have been long dead, before the events in "A New Hope", and "The Empire Strikes Back".

The only other explanation from this comic is that the real Boba Fett died 10 years before "A New Hope", and that it was really an imposter posing as Boba Fett in "The Empire Strikes Back". (If the comic chooses this type of explanation, it would really contradict with the real canon story.)

That makes C-3po, Chewbacca, and Luke who're dead in the EU now right?

Depends on what you mean by "right now". Luke as a Force ghost is most likely from the Legacy comics, set 100+ years after the Battle of Yavin. I'm not current on the comic series, as they're a little difficult to get where I live, so I'm not sure what 3PO's status is in that "future" storyline. In what I would consider, despite it all being a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, the "current" EU (storyline continuing directly from the movies) Luke is still alive and kicking, and C-3PO is still around.

Just read blood ties no; 2 , HE'S ALIVE !!!!!!!! and out for revenge ! Sorry for the spoiler if you don't have it yet :rolleyes

I read somewhere that GL didn't want to kill him off, but instead left his "death" in ROTJ open to interpretation. He also said that he wanted the writing community to carry on his story rather than himself.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back