A Mile High and Only Half Way There!

Orionruse

New Hunter
Aloha, Greetings, and Hello!

I live in the Denver Area, and met some of you at Starfest this last weekend. I thought some of the construction information shared with me at the con was extensive, but I had absolutely no clue how dedicated armor costumers are. As I introduce myself, allow me to humbly bow to everyone. If it weren't for your strong sense of community, I would still likely have no idea where to start. I am excited to start planning an armor for myself, and am likely going to need a fair bit of advice.

Looks like I found the right place :).

I love building models. What better subject to try out, than something that can both be worn AND displayed.

I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone better.

Best Regards.

Robert

I'm getting ahead of myself, but I was thinking of doing some armor plate out of hammered aluminum sheets-- so I can maybe run some "subdermal straps" and cover them with fiberglass (hopefully to get some fine raised surfaces).

I definately have a LOT more research to do, before I commit to a prototype of some sort.

I'm good at electronics, and so I'm looking forward to wiring some special effects :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back