LED E10 Replacement Bulb for Darkside's Beautifully Built Brass JP Beacon!

Warpcell

Hunter
Hello Everyone,

If you are fortunate enough to have purchased one of Darkside's Brass/Alum JP Beacons and want to have a seriously cheap LED Bulb alternative, I found an LED supplier that has the perfect fit!

They are a perfect fit for the aluminum housing, put off little to no heat, can be powered by Darkside's battery pack or a 9v battery, and here's the best part...... If you get the RGB bulb, it changes colors in a set pattern. (I know that last part isn't screen accurate, but it looks really cool!) The LEDs have a ring around them that by pure luck keeps the bulb from touching the sides of the beacon and shorting it out. Oh yeah, 2 other things.... they don't require any additional wiring and they're $1.99 each. What's not to love about that???!!??? I received mine today and they look beautiful in the housing.

Thought I would pass this one along to my fellow Fetts. Cheers!

- Warpcell

|-
|
74534-e10-screw-base-tall-round-led-light-thumb.jpg

|
| Product ID: 74534
Product Name: Tall Round LED E10 Screw Base L.E.D. Bulb
Attributes: Color - Super White
Price: $1.99
Quantity: 1
|-

|-
|

|
Attributes: Color - Yellow Amber
|-

|-
|

|
Attributes: Color - Color Changing RGB
|-

Last edited by a moderator:
If the link doesn't work, just search the website with the product ID 74534 and pick your color! I bought the 3 represented in the original post and they all look awesome in the housing.

Cheers again,

- Warpcell

Sadly they don't ship internationally if you don't order for more than 250 USD and then you have to pay with wire transfer. I guess my money is not good enough.

My question is, does it illuminate the side of the rocket like the incandescent does? If it does this is a great alternative. My old beacon had an LED but standard LEDs, only light striaght on, they done give off light from side to side so it never looked right to me. But maybe these are different would love to know!

My question is, does it illuminate the side of the rocket like the incandescent does? !

This was the main reason behind my choice...
And I preferd the normal bulb also because it's more easy to find in a local store with a reasonable price.
But if you find a Led bulb that work, I only can say "WELCOME"!:)

I also find those led on EBAY: Find Item number 120649316951
When them will arrive, I show you a comparison pic (y)

BTW, enjoy yourself with your Beacons! ( and soon with your studs and JP collars:lol:)

Sadly, I'm still waiting on my JP from BM, or else I would post a pic of the light it casts. I'll post a pic of the beacon's light cast against another background later tonight when I get home from work.

This was the main reason behind my choice...
And I preferd the normal bulb also because it's more easy to find in a local store with a reasonable price.
But if you find a Led bulb that work, I only can say "WELCOME"!:)

I also find those led on EBAY: Find Item number 120649316951
When them will arrive, I show you a comparison pic (y)

BTW, enjoy yourself with your Beacons! ( and soon with your studs and JP collars:lol:)

Yea i like the regular bulb personally, its what was used on screen and i have no issues with it, so i love it :)

I do think this is a great idea though! Would love to see how it looks man. :)

Hello Everyone,

Here are some pics of the the LEDs in action on a white countertop with a lightbulb overhead. They handle light noise pretty well. I am powering them with a 9V Energizer battery. The colors are Amber and White. Darksides bulb is powered by his power pack visible to the left of the photo. I have also included a link to my youtube video of the RGB in action. It's Disco Boba (ala Darkside!) lol

I think the LED Bulbs do a better job than past bulbs because they're rated at 12v and therefor can handle a 9v hit. The housing of the bulb is also taller, so there's more glass to refract the light around the beacon cap. I just noticed that the beacon cap isn't in the same position in all 3 pics, so the light cast isn't fairly represented. The video is a better representation of the LED Bulb's performance. They're quite bright at 9 volts.

Cheers everyone! :cheers

- Warp

LED JP Beacon with RGB Bulb - YouTube

IMG_1446.jpgIMG_1443.jpgIMG_1444.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Warpcell for the pics. Not as "defined" as the standard bulb, but not bad at all, definitely better than a standard LED. Nice work bud! This is a great alternative for those concerned about heat. Im guessing they may last longer than a standard bulb as well.

That RGB bulb is freakin sweet. If i was doing a custom mando, that would go on my pack!

Thanks Warpcell for the pics. Not as "defined" as the standard bulb, but not bad at all, definitely better than a standard LED. Nice work bud! This is a great alternative for those concerned about heat. Im guessing they may last longer than a standard bulb as well.

That RGB bulb is freakin sweet. If i was doing a custom mando, that would go on my pack!

My pleasure Brother Fett! :)

Looks great mate thanks for the info.

Might get the RGB one for a charity night walk we do here in Brisbane would look pretty cool :)

on a side note regarding the beacon.... Where are people putting the battery pack so its easy access? I find it a pain the butt to have to unscrew the access to inside the jetpack.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back