Fellow hunters, i kindly ask for your assistance...

Darth Voorhees

Well-Known Hunter
Preferred Vendor
After 16yrs, 12yrs with us, sadly it is time to put out beloved cat, "Q-T" to rest.

Last summer my wife and I came back from our honeymoon and noticed his third lid on his right eye was half closed. The vet seemed to think it may have been a scar and irritating his eye to make the lid close.Turns out it was a tumor, and she removed it. Because of his age, he's 16, the vet didn't think it was worth testing to see if it was cancer, as putting him through chemo would be rough on him, and expensive for a cat his age.

Unfortunately the tumor was back within a month, and bigger than before. We brought him back to the vet and she said as long as he's acting normal and eating, just make him comfortable, there's really nothing they can do.
That broke our hearts, but that's what we did. Now he is not eating or acting like our "Q-T". We called the vet and she said it is likely time.[/SIZE]

We found a vet closer to us that does home euthanasia, and would like to do that for him.We want to do this this way because he HATES carriers. He flips out when he is in one and usually ends up hurting himself. We don't want to put him through any more trauma or suffering and feel this is the most humane way. This way he can be in his comfy spot, with us with him, and go peacefully.

The cost is more expensive and we cant really afford it. So we set up a "chip-in" page to raise the funds for this for him here:

ChipIn: The QT at Peace fund

If you can find it in your heart to give just a little, it would really help. thanks fellow hunters!

P1010017.gif

qtsick.gif

I'm terribly sorry to hear about this man... I sent a donation for you. I'm sorry I can't donate more at this time...

Once again I'm sorry about this tragic news.

thank you so much guys. Im so distraught about this. he's been my little partner in crime for so long, it kills me to even think he wont be here anymore.

a little back story..

I got Q-T fro an ex GF. i lived with her breifly and back then he used to go out. He used to meet me on the corner every night when i came home from work. I never saw a cat do that..and we've has a special bond ever since. When she was forced to get rid of him, i was the first person she called and she knew he loved me....the rest was history...he will be greatly missed :(

From my family to yours I have sent money. QT looks like our oldest who is now almost 12. I am not looking forward to that day. Please take comfort in know that you are not alone.

Thank you everyone! We have reached the goal amount to do this at home. i cant even express how much i appreciate you all helping with this.

Well today is his last full day with us. My mind is all over the place right now.

I slept with him on the futon last night just so he wasnt alone. Im really gonna miss him. Hes the best cat anyone could ever ask for and its not gonna be the same without him.

Dude,

Hang in there! I had to put my cat of 16 years down and i was so distraught that i was out from work for a few days. she was like a family member, and there may not be anything that will ever fill the void... at first. that was back in 2009, and i ended up getting another cat, and she is Awesome.

It's funny how cats are.. their personalities and temperament is directly related to how they are treated and loved. they adapt. And i'm sure your next animal will be another partner in crime.

Condolences,

-Jimmy

Thinking of you at this difficult time.

You know that you are doing the best thing for your friend.
Being a cat person I understand how much of an impact on your life the little critters can have.

I hope that everything in the next few days goes as well as it can.

Craig

I just lost my Golden Retriever of 17 years in February. Had to put her to sleep as she was suffering, not eating and a multitude of other problems. Anyway, I held her all the way to the end...it's hard no matter what you do. My heart goes out to you and yours!

I'm sorry I just found this Thread, as I would have been more than happy to chip-in. I am pleased you reached your goal. It is great to see "neighbors" (even in the virtual world) come to the aid of neighbors. Especially when those in need go above and beyond to show their four-legged family members the love and respect we would want. Our thoughts are with your family, and especially with your QT.

Jason

Sorry to hear of this Lou, it's always painful when we have to lay a member of the family to rest, furry or otherwise. Know that you'll be in many of our thoughts tomorrow.

Shawn

Thank you all for your support emotionally, and financially. I cant even begin to thank you all enough. Q-T is now at rest :(

RIPQT.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back