fiberglass casting from a 2 part mold

bighedz

New Hunter
I have experience laying fiberglass in a 2 part silicone mold, but it's always been on a wider/larger object where I can get into the mold once assembled and patch up the seam from the inside. I have a project where I need to create a set of large skinny legs in fiberglass (life size). What is the best way to bond the 2 halves since I have no access to the inside once the 2 halves are assembled?

thank you

Why not doing the whole piece with slush/roto resin? Instead of doing noth halves and then joining them.

Why not doing the whole piece with slush/roto resin? Instead of doing noth halves and then joining them.
My concern is the strength of just resin alone. The legs will be supporting the body and I'm thinking I need fiberglass to make them nice and sturdy.

Slush resin with an expanding foam core might work and give you the strength you need.
You could even fiberglass the two halves, slush them together and expanding foam the middle.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back