Storage Wars

Mullreel

Well-Known Hunter
so there is nothing on the tube and I happen to stop on Storage Wars Texas. They are at an auction in Irving which is about 45 minutes from where I live. Anyways.......they end up getting a storage locker with several vintage carded Boba Fett figures. When they had them appraised they appraised for over 6K. Why is it that guys who have no appreciation for things such as this would end up with them, and make a ton of money on them.

just makes my heart sad...lol

There was also an episode the other night, where Barry found a stash of vintage flare guns.
In the stash? A real webley. The appraiser said it was only worth $400-$500. That was
unfortunate as hell.

I have actually seen that one too, it also made my heart sad.....lol

I would have loved to have had that gun stash he found. The Webley was great, and there was more than just it. The one I saw today had a 21 back Boba Fett, a 77 back, a Canadian one which was in French, and one that was an ESB card that was recarded with a ROTJ sticker.

The cards were obviously very well taken care of and each of them were in acrylic cases........probably at least 9s or better. Oh well..........that's the way thing go in life.

I remember thinking the audience was getting ready to get at least a brief history lesson on it, and maybe an honorable mention about it's tie to the SW universe ! No such luck, huh lol

It would seem to me a bit of a fail on the producers, directors or editors parts not having boned up on a little. A quick google search would have enlightened them. Instead, it appears to be a case where they just got their expert opinion based on what he a actually knew of the piece (old school) and left it at that. So, if it's a fail, it's likely all on him. They paid him to be the expert I suppose. Or, maybe they just didn't care to geek out on it.

Either way, it would have been cool to see it acknowledged for what it's now currently worth. Their expert estimated $400-$500. That is seriously outdated information. Even real collectors pay twice that typically. And since it's become more and more known in the collectors arena that us geeks have gotten our hands on them for the purpose we use them for, the prices have typically been more than even that lol

ugh! Id KILL to have a real Webley! one day i will get one!!

I saw that episode too :) I was hoping to see him getting the backstory and appraisal from one of you all but no such luck.

Thats what I was kinda thinking as far the price goes. I see them sometimes throw out numbers for junk that is way overpriced, and then when they had the Webley they under priced it.

One thing that I thought was funny about the carded Boba Fett action figures is that the buyer actually said he had considered putting $100 dollars on them and putting them in his store. If he had done that somebody who knew their stuff could have gotten a a great deal. You could tell he thought $100 was going to be a high dollar price BEFORE he talked to the expert.

Yeah, I remember seeing that episode with Barry getting the Webley. I can't remember what he got, I want to say $800 for the lot? I bet all of us who saw it, was wishing we could contact Barry, and grab that Webley before he sold it. Then we realize, not only can't we contact him, the episode was probably taped months ago, and that Webley is long gone;)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back